Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 09:59 AM

Re: Omg

Was the child in a carrycot or strapped into something then placed on top? surely it wasn't just laid on top of the car?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 10:05 AM

That's just awful and beggars belief. Keep us posted sweets.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
As far as I know now, the child would not go to sleep, and it was a punishment! The Father placed the child there and went inside!!!! What parent does this?
Oh, I was going to say perhaps he was an anxious father afraid his nipper was poorly in the middle of the night or something and going to take it to hospital ... until a neighbour got into an argument with him, threatening him with the police, and the kid got forgot.

I've seen the odd kid perched on top of car roofs at the supermarket whilst their parents load up their cars with groceries ... in this case it is daylight , and presumably to avoid accidentally packing them in with the bread and jam.
This summer just gone those car roofs must have been damn hot.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 12:29 PM

I don't really know what happened after the police arrived. I do know the Father tried to drive off with the child on the roof of the car!!!! But a neighbour stood in front of the car, preventing this. The child was about 5 or 6 years old. It was the terrified screaming that alerted me to go and look. It really did upset me, I have never heard a child so scared. Apparently, some of the families are troubled families in the building opposite, those vulnerable people are paying for the conversion.
However, where is their support??????

Both the child and parent were taken somewhere????
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I don't really know what happened after the police arrived. I do know the Father tried to drive off with the child on the roof of the car!!!! But a neighbour stood in front of the car, preventing this. The child was about 5 or 6 years old. It was the terrified screaming that alerted me to go and look. It really did upset me, I have never heard a child so scared. Apparently, some of the families are troubled families in the building opposite, those vulnerable people are paying for the conversion.
However, where is their support??????
https://www.over50sforum.com/showthr...=46361&page=60
Both the child and parent were taken somewhere????

Parent? Which parent?
Did you mean the child and the mother, or child and the father were taken away?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 04:30 PM

Has this frightful incident been reported by the media?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 05:08 PM

SP, I am so grateful for the person who had the guts to stop that situation. Putting oneself at risk for the sake of a child is an honorable thing.

Why put it in the media? Such coverage is always about the drama, never highlighting the need for intervention, devolved into sanctioned gossiping that would hurt the child more than anyone else.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 05:10 PM

Sorry Father only. No Mother?
No it has not been reported to the media.
A neighbour told me, this has happened before!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 05:16 PM

Oh, SP, I am so heartbroken for this child. There are so many families that would love to give her the love and care that she needs. This will be no short fix for the father. I hope this was enough to get her out of that house.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

01-09-2018, 05:43 PM

It was a male child.
I wanted to rush over and cuddle the child.
But half the Avenue were woken up. They were all shouting and making things worse.
I just pray both the child and Father get support. Obviously there is a problem, that needs professional help. I cannot believe that this happened. Surely those that placed them in temporary housing, should have followed up and made sure they were coping!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top