Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 09:44 AM

Re: Good morning Wednesday !

Good Morning, everyone - I hope all have a safe and happy Wednesday.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Good morning all

Woken to a bit of a blizzard this morning, but it's the little ball snow, more like hail then snow so not so bad.

Susie, that looks like a snow angel in your garden

I have to go out today, got to drive to the next town as Mr Missy needs to collect a car. It's 5 miles to the nearest gritted road but luckily my car is like a tank and really handles well on the snow so I'm not too concerned, just need to watch out for the other eejits on the new by pass. It's not a good road as it really holds water and becomes a skating rink when wet. So many accidents on it down to people driving like loons

For all those who worry about walking out on the snow and ice, can I suggest you invest in a pair of yaktrax ( other brands are available) I bought a few pairs years ago for mum and me and I've never slipped on the ice since. They aren't expensive, they fold up and can be slipped in to the glove box or handbag. I always have a pair in the car and a pair by the back door. They really are a good buy

Stay safe and warm whatever your plans are x
I should have a pair of those, but it's so rare I would need them, unlike today.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 10:19 AM

Good morning everyone just trying to decide whether to risk driving to the Doctors 5 miles away for a blood test.
If I don't go today I can't get another appointment for 3 weeks. Ice is the problem here more than snow.

An old bungalow at the entrance to the no through lane has been demolished ready to build a new house .The builders are transferring loads of soil into the field, the problem is they keep blocking the road while loading the trailer which is really annoying. I had to wait 10mins to get out yesterday and was only just on time for the dentist. They don't have to use the lane to load, they could use the one on the other side of the property which has 2 entrances.

Enjoy your day
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 10:25 AM

I was supposed to be going for a hospital appointment this morning but I've just had a phone call to say not to go as the doctor is off sick. They will send me another appointment in the post.
I hope it will be after the weather warms up a bit.
Minus 5degs here.
Have an uneventful day everyone. Unless it's exciting.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 10:44 AM

Good morning all a light dusting of snow last evening and bright and sunny this morning. We are due for a heavier snow fall tomorrow and Friday.

Our daughter and granddaughter are coming for lunch today, I hope they can still make it.

I hope all of you with Doctor/Hospital appointments reach there safely.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 10:46 AM

It was snowing last night, and must have done more overnight, so it's quite thick this morning, and still snowing on & off
The easiest thing would be to just stay in today, but I might just get out for a stroll round town, and take my camera
Besides, I fancy sausages for tea, so will buy some

On BBC Breakfast show this morning they were asking for comments. I can't remember the exact words, but one was

What's all this fuss about The Beast From The East? Isn't that what we used to call snow?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 11:07 AM

Good morning all, about the same here for snow but nowhere near as bad as forecast yet.

Just back from walking the dogs who love the snow, but Alfie dashed out onto the pond ice not realising it was thin ice and went through it. We managed to fish him out OK, then gave him a warm bath when we got back and gave him a final drying with the hair dryer which he loves, so all is well again.

Just enjoying a coffee now and then I will make a curry for lunch. Enjoy the rest of your day folks.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 11:19 AM

Its ridiculous there are no buses at all in Chelmsford, they have cancelled every single one of them, and hardly any trains either, it was like the movie 'Land that time had forgot' here in Chelmsford.

What about the poor people who have a business to run and the public going to work?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 12:44 PM

Sister lives in Stansted and more or less reports the same. Schools closed, trains not running.

Been out twice with the pup, who hasn't seemed to mind it, and the second time was during a thick fall. It is cold.

I do feel for those who need to be out and about. Glad now I have postponed Holly's cut, moved to next Tuesday.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I should have a pair of those, but it's so rare I would need them, unlike today.
It's rare that I need them, this year we have had so much snow and ice they have been in constant use But the thing is, I do have them and they are available when I do need them

No point in trying to get them when the snow and ice is here, and you need to walk to the bus stop to get the bus to get to the doctors or some other appointment that can't wait

I used to be a girl guide, Be Prepared

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top