Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 08:45 AM

Re: Northumberland

Yes i was aware of the Beddies and Border Terriers, not about the Dinmont though.

A view up the Couquetdale valley from the Bronze age Hillfort Lordenshaws. Just South of Rothbury.

One of the Cup And Ring rocks scattered about Northumberland c 6000 years ago.

Affordable home same period, Simonside hills in the background.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 08:49 AM

What are 'cup & ring' rocks?
My Nellie would be in ecstasy in that environment.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 09:01 AM

These are rock carvings, their meaning lost in time. Suggestions vary from maps of other settlements in the area to simple art.

http://www.visitnorthumberland.com/h...sites-rock-art
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 11:10 AM

If I were still in the UK Northumberland is undoubtedly where I would choose to live. I did look at a few houses there once, but things changed and I ended up moving here instead.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
If I were still in the UK Northumberland is undoubtedly where I would choose to live. I did look at a few houses there once, but things changed and I ended up moving here instead.

Yes, it certainly looks a lovely place Ania.
Perhaps Nom will show me round one day.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

12-04-2016, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
These are rock carvings, their meaning lost in time. Suggestions vary from maps of other settlements in the area to simple art.

http://www.visitnorthumberland.com/h...sites-rock-art

Thank you for the link. What strange carvings they are. I wonder what tools they would have used to do them with, and why they did it?

Is your cave one of the prehistoric strongholds Nom?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

12-04-2016, 11:23 AM

This is the third series missed them all, i do like Robson Green as a presenter, ive seen a few of his mad fishing series, and remember him from Casualty. (Ah Duffy, swoon)
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

12-04-2016, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thank you for the link. What strange carvings they are. I wonder what tools they would have used to do them with, and why they did it?

Is your cave one of the prehistoric strongholds Nom?
Surprisingly there are very few caves in Northumberland, the most famous being St Cuthberts cave.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01786dh
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

12-04-2016, 12:19 PM

Is that how you found your cave? Were you one of the monks with St. Cuthbert?
No wonder you feel old and tired.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
This is the third series missed them all, i do like Robson Green as a presenter, ive seen a few of his mad fishing series, and remember him from Casualty. (Ah Duffy, swoon)
Nom the Northumberland series are available on DVD at Amazon if you are interested....
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...Northumberland

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top