Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
CoffeeCake
Northamptonshire
CoffeeCake is female  CoffeeCake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 06:21 AM

Re: A Curry or a Cold Beer?

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Can't eat curry, it's horrible, cold beer ok with a dash of lemonade.
No Tiffany, curry is not horrible, it’s just not to your liking!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 08:33 AM

I like curry, but it doesn't like me, I dislike beer, and besides which I don't think it is wise to drink alcohol in very hot weather.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 08:40 AM

Have to admit I don't like the idea of a curry on a really hot day...although I'm sure the science behind it is valid......but a nice cold beer sounds lovely especially if you put the glass you are serving it in in the freezer for ten minutes before pouring it......delicious
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 08:44 AM

can't even stand the smell of curry, makes me want to throw up. If people must have a meal of curry they should have it in the middle of Salisbury Plain where the stink doesn't affect others
India must loose out on the tourist trade because no one what a holiday with that terrible smell all the time
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 10:31 AM

Years ago when I was a child my youngest uncle was training to be a doctor. He brought one of his colleagues over to our home island, a chap from India. He offered to cook one of his speciality curries for my grandmother and her sons. Apparently it was as hot as the mythical hell my grandmother was always threatening me with.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 10:54 AM

Curry and beer? Heaven!

Actually I have gone off Indian and prefer Thai these days
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by CoffeeCake ->
No Tiffany, curry is not horrible, it’s just not to your liking!
To me it's horrible, if it was the only food available I would rather starve.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 11:15 AM

We have a local take away, three generations from Lahore, selling the basics at a good price. We have a box of chicken biryani minus the chicken (mostly bone anyway) and a couple of dollops of sauce, one medium, one hot: £5.00. Microwaved at home, feeds two, yum. Plus a dollop of Tesco fat free greek style yogurt.

I drink water with it, have some cheese & wine a little later.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 01:41 PM

The best thing to cool your mouth down after a hot curry is a yoghurt based drink such as Lassi or a Raita dip but I agree a glass of cold Kingfisher or Cobra does go down well.

Personally I think hot curries and hot weather go together perfectly but then I do live just a few doors away from an Indian restaurant, so I can always smell the curries firing up during the day which never fails to make me hungry.

One of the nicest things about Kandy in Sri Lanka is that you can smell all the spices in the air over the whole of the city. Fantastic!

Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 02:22 PM

Yum yum ancient more yum !
I love curry .
And I like it quite hot !

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top