Join for free
Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 08:57 AM

Re: Are all handguns and firearms really banned in the UK?

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I'm inclined to agree with you there longfellow.
I hope your friend understands and it hasn't spoilt a friendship.
No problems on that score Mups we have known each other to long. I kept him going through his bad times and now he is full of life and seeing the world with his new lungs.
He is always going to be there for me when I have my bad days and he understands why I said no.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 08:58 AM

A shot gun,if licensed and securely stored,is OK. An air gun is fine-but here a `real gun` is a total no no.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
My neighbours son had a gun for shooting rabbits and pigeons.
It had to be kept in a secure cabinet and the police came one to check it.

I don't know if he still has it, most of the time he lives with his girlfriend. A few years ago he broke up with his then girlfriend of many years standing and his mother told me in confidence she was worried about him he was so depressed. I had concerns about the fact that he had a gun and suggested to his mother that it should be removed.

I hate guns, I appreciate farmers may have a need for one occasionally but would prefer they were not kept on the premises but stored somewhere and 'signed out' when required.
From what I gathered when I went to Sicily is that guns are allowed but......they are checked and locked away by the police. The police then release the rifle-it`s always a rifle,for the week or so deemed `hunting season`After that they are locked away again. Seems a reasonable compromise.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 09:11 AM

I must admit to owning a .22 air rifle which I use to shoot pigeons, which are at almost plague proportions around here at the moment. My neighbour is ex-army and a clay pigeon sport shooter, and has around five shotguns in a locked cabinet in his house, although I believe some of them are quite valuable and he only keeps as an investment.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 09:17 AM

Yes, I have a friend who shoots and has a few shotguns he has to lock them in a gun safe and the ammunition has to be locked away separately
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

28-04-2017, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I must admit to owning a .22 air rifle which I use to shoot pigeons, which are at almost plague proportions around here at the moment. My neighbour is ex-army and a clay pigeon sport shooter, and has around five shotguns in a locked cabinet in his house, although I believe some of them are quite valuable and he only keeps as an investment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnlTsxF8nlw

I own an old one of these- I could never shoot a pigeon-but I do get tempted.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 09:45 AM

A game keeper friend of mine used to have 18 guns!
They all had to be locked away in a cabinets I believe, and her security was checked by the police regularly.

Weapons of any description have never interested me though.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 10:11 AM

The majority of gun crime in the UK is criminal on criminal.
Rarely do guns get used against the general public.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
My son and his dad love going to the shooting range and I plan to go tomorrow to purchase a firearm (I want a 9mm semi-automatic and have a couple of choices in mind) but I've read that owning a gun is a no-no across the pond???

Why???

You're not allowed to own any firearms at all there?
Where do you live Linda?

America? Canada?

Where is Nowheresville?

Why in heaven's name would you want to buy a gun to bring to the UK?

Are you visiting?

Who are you intending to shoot?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 10:17 AM

I honestly cannot see any reason why anyone, general public that is, should or want to carry/own a firearm. If they have one then the first thing that will be used is the gun and more than likely kill someone possibly an innocent passer by.

It is about time the USA constitution was altered banning all sorts of firearms carried owned by the general public then people would be that much safer walking the streets. There is absolutely no need for them or justification even to own one

Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top