Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 07:12 PM

Re: Do you moan just loud enough for supermarket staff to hear?

erm.....whats a supermarket ??
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

06-07-2021, 07:54 PM

Quick note to Roxy and her staff.

In our area, the customers and supermarket staff are generally on first name terms. We value them and make a real effort to support them. We are all part of the same community.

In a sense, in terms of the frequency with which we interact with our supermarket staff as compared with our NHS staff, and of course without taking anything away from our NHS staff, our supermarket staff are at least as valuable to us as are our NHS staff. We are served by our supermarket staff several times a week/month, and we are fully aware of the high risk situations that they have put themselves in over the last year, whereas our NHS staff serve many of us only a couple of times a year or so.

Anyway, I hope that I'm expressing this properly, but suffice it to say, Roxy, we value you every bit as much as anyone else in our society.

And by the way, I haven't done the finger-tapping joke for the last couple of years. It doesn't work with face masks.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
Quick note to Roxy and her staff.

In our area, the customers and supermarket staff are generally on first name terms. We value them and make a real effort to support them. We are all part of the same community.

In a sense, in terms of the frequency with which we interact with our supermarket staff as compared with our NHS staff, and of course without taking anything away from our NHS staff, our supermarket staff are at least as valuable to us as are our NHS staff. We are served by our supermarket staff several times a week/month, and we are fully aware of the high risk situations that they have put themselves in over the last year, whereas our NHS staff serve many of us only a couple of times a year or so.

Anyway, I hope that I'm expressing this properly, but suffice it to say, Roxy, we value you every bit as much as anyone else in our society.

And by the way, I haven't done the finger-tapping joke for the last couple of years. It doesn't work with face masks.
If you tapped your fingers at me, I would suddenly be unable to find the scan code/calling the supervisor/having no receipts/dodgy bank card reader/card declined/tapping my fingers back you while you fumbled for cash.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

06-07-2021, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
If you tapped your fingers at me, I would suddenly be unable to find the scan code/calling the supervisor/having no receipts/dodgy bank card reader/card declined/tapping my fingers back you while you fumbled for cash.
LOL! I wouldn't dare do it with you, Pixie.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 08:19 PM

Longy, Until you mentioned this happens, l’d never have thought of it.

Aren’t they very bright in your area?
Wouldn’t it be like talking to a brick wall saying stuff in the vicinity of an assistant?
I mean.. what could they do about it? Tell them to talk to the chairman, John Allan.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 08:24 PM

As it happens there was a similar event this morning. I was in the queue and the person ahead of me was puling that moaning face. The person front, Bill, was at the counter and had a brief chat with the lady on the till while the sour face was still huffing and puffing. As it happens, Bill had recently recently worked at that store and knew the staff.

I had to smile at sour face. And the situation. Bill is my next neighbour.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 09:32 PM

Just loud enough? No, I'd make bloody certain that they DID hear however I understand fine well that the front line staff have very little influence and so if I want to kvetch I make damn sure I do so at people who have the responsibility to do something about it.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 09:53 PM

The only moaning I do in a supermarket is with the checkout assistant, bemoaning the rotten weather, or the fact she's got backache and has another 2 hours till her shift ends, or that she's struggling with a dodgy scanner today.

I like our hardworking supermarket staff to know we're on their side, we empathise with them and appreciate all that they do for us, all the risks they've been taking for the past 18 months to keep us all supplied.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 11:44 PM

If I heard anyone moaning about your supermarket in your earshot I'd punch them on the nose and say, that's my brother, another word and remove all the bog rolls, chit happens yanno
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
The only moaning I do in a supermarket is with the checkout assistant, bemoaning the rotten weather, or the fact she's got backache and has another 2 hours till her shift ends, or that she's struggling with a dodgy scanner today.

I like our hardworking supermarket staff to know we're on their side, we empathise with them and appreciate all that they do for us, all the risks they've been taking for the past 18 months to keep us all supplied.
Spot on Sheba x

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top