Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 10:06 AM

Re: Swings and Roundabouts

Our water meters are down a manhole, which we residents can't access. You need a metal thingy to lift the cover up anyway, so that is one utility I have no control over. No gas on this site, all electric, so just one energy to worry about.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Jazzi, I never pay an estimated bill.
I read my gas, electric and water meters and will only pay for what I use.
Agree! It wouldn't concern me if my 'read' bill is higher than an 'estimated'. I'd rather it was all paid correctly with no nasty surprises later.

When I moved in I had a two year fight with Thames Water. My flat is no. 2, as is the number of the entire site! ( name of road afterwards). I think the misunderstanding came about with the address on the bill, I can't remember, but I was being charged incorrectly. They weren't reading my meter, but the usage of the communal tap, which is in the bin shed area.

And then a couple of years ago my readings weren't changing (when I looked at the bill). I had to have a new meter fitted.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

27-01-2017, 11:20 AM

How timely! A letter from edf telling me they're increasing their prices from March.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top