Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2014, 10:25 AM

Re: Reasons to post.

I love to chat to people,
I like to see peoples opinions on topics of the day, I might not always agree
It is nice to share your thoughts at times
and yes I like it when I get some nice feedback too
is that vanity or nosiness,
or just a genuine reason to chat to someone
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2014, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
I love to chat to people,
I like to see peoples opinions on topics of the day, I might not always agree
It is nice to share your thoughts at times
and yes I like it when I get some nice feedback too
is that vanity or nosiness,
or just a genuine reason to chat to someone
Better than talking to yerself
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2014, 10:40 AM

Oh I do that as well Patsy.

I think that is why I get asked if I am ok/need any help in shops a lot. My husband despairs when he is out with me.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2014, 10:56 AM

Oh I do that as well Patsy.

I think that is why I get asked if I am ok/need any help in shops a lot. My husband despairs when he is out with me.
Tickled me
My husband despairs 'cos I wander off in the shops - I need one of those child leads attached to him - a 'long' one of course !
shirley
Gloucestershire

27-06-2014, 11:28 AM

Oh Patsy it sounds like we are the same.

I used to spend most of my time trying to find my husband, now I just wander where I want and let him find me. It doesent take him long because he just has to listen out for someone talking to an assistant and laughing.
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2014, 11:40 AM

Some men - and I'm one of them - dread the words of their wives saying, 'I need a new blouse.' She has this certain colour in mind, and we wander into shop number one. The colour she wants doesn't appear in the known spectrum. The hapless assistant will try to get as close to the required colour, but not quite close enough.
It's off to shop number two. Then number three...
At shop eleven, my beloved will decide that shop number one was the closest, and off we toddle again. The blouse is eventually bought.
When we get home, she will decide it isn't quite right, and it is put to one side for the returns department...

Now if I want a pair of shoes, we go into the store,, and I will say, 'A pair of those, please.' Providing they fit me, those are the shoes I will buy. Simple. Nobody looks at my feet and criticises them. Nobody else gives a damn. If they are comfortable and the right price,, what more can a man ask for?

Shopping for a lady is a social occasion. For a man, it is time to sit in a café with a newspaper, and agree that when she has finished, she will come and pick him up again.
All big shops should have husband crèches. These should be staffed with buxom young ladies to make sure they don't wander away.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2014, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I view posting as I would chatting with friends in a coffee shop or pub . So it falls into the category of 'making conversation' .
That's exactly what I do Meg, just being yourself and chatting naturally as if in the pub.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

27-06-2014, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Hanfonius ->
Some men - and I'm one of them - dread the words of their wives saying, 'I need a new blouse.' She has this certain colour in mind, and we wander into shop number one. The colour she wants doesn't appear in the known spectrum. The hapless assistant will try to get as close to the required colour, but not quite close enough.
It's off to shop number two. Then number three...
At shop eleven, my beloved will decide that shop number one was the closest, and off we toddle again. The blouse is eventually bought.
When we get home, she will decide it isn't quite right, and it is put to one side for the returns department...

Now if I want a pair of shoes, we go into the store,, and I will say, 'A pair of those, please.' Providing they fit me, those are the shoes I will buy. Simple. Nobody looks at my feet and criticises them. Nobody else gives a damn. If they are comfortable and the right price,, what more can a man ask for?

Shopping for a lady is a social occasion. For a man, it is time to sit in a café with a newspaper, and agree that when she has finished, she will come and pick him up again.
All big shops should have husband crèches. These should be staffed with buxom young ladies to make sure they don't wander away.
Had to laugh - doesn't fit me Haf, I don't like shopping
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

27-06-2014, 12:33 PM

Oh Patsy it sounds like we are the same.

I used to spend most of my time trying to find my husband, now I just wander where I want and let him find me. It doesent take him long because he just has to listen out for someone talking to an assistant and laughing.
Mine has been known to ask the assistant to give me a call on the tannoy !
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2014, 02:03 PM

Its an escape for me ....from the real world .....
I do it for entertainment as well as knowledge in understanding other folks wits , cultures, morals and humours ...

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top