Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 11:33 PM

Re: Michael Gove In Live BBC Question Time 6.45PM

I watched as well, and I took part in pressing 'agree' or 'disagree' buttons on my laptop. "38 Degrees" had a link arrangement, which I took advantage of and found it all very interesting. There was a 'worm' line which stretched across the page and moved up or down according to how many pressed one of the two tabs (agree or disagree with what Gove said). There were various questions put on computer screen with choices of answers all to do with what was being said on the TV.

There was also an independent researcher who printed whether your answer was correct or not and if there was doubt shown, an answer was given that had been checked to be correct.

The whole programme was very interesting, and I enjoyed taking part. They will be doing the same on Sunday with David Cameron pushing the 'Remain' vote, at the same time 6.45pm.

I agree that Michael Gove conducted himself with confidence and informated knowledge. I did notice that the audience applauded everything that M.G. said ! He even over-rode David Dimbleby's efforts to trip him up over the UK's veto facility by saying that Cameron has insisted that he will not use the veto when it comes to discussing Turkey's acceptance into the EU ! In fact he mentioned that Cameron would encourage Turkey into the EU - yet another reason for UK to leave so they have better control over who is allowed in to the UK. It is insanity to allow more than a 1/4 million migrants every year into this small island !

I shall enjoy taking part again when Cameron faces the cameras on Sunday !
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
So he is my mistake but when he was in education etc was what I was thinking of.
Gove, the man who knows it all, knows better than anyone else and is right about everything. He did his best to destroy anything good about education and set it on the course of privatisation. I don't believe anything he says. One of the most obnoxious and deceitful Tory politicians in years.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 11:44 PM

The audience were mostly asking the same questions discussed on previous referendum debates, some did not make their point very well.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
What have I done to make you mistrust me?

Come on! I wouldn't dream of calling you 'Spit'!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by GillyT ->
They will be doing the same on Sunday with David Cameron pushing the 'Remain' vote, at the same time 6.45pm.
Oh, how I'd love to watch that, but I'll be in Germany negotiating a deal with Murky.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

16-06-2016, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by graculus ->
Gove, the man who knows it all, knows better than anyone else and is right about everything. He did his best to destroy anything good about education and set it on the course of privatisation. I don't believe anything he says. One of the most obnoxious and deceitful Tory politicians in years.
None of that matters: he's in favour of Brexit!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well thought out arguement.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yep JBR.
Right now, that is all that matters to me as well.
He is a well spoken gentleman who has lots of charm.
Well, he sure charmed me.

PS Read your post with interest GillyT.
Nice one.
And I will be watching Camerons performance as well.
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 07:47 AM

I thought he held up and spoke very well, he did fudge a couple of questions though and didn't answer them.

Why Dimbleby had to say the audience was in sections, Remain/Dont know/Leave is beyond me.
Leave couldn't join in, it was all the remain obviously asking the questions, (which we'd heard before)
and the Dont knows were'nt even asked if any had made up their minds!

Still like its been said, he wants to Leave and thats good enough for me.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 08:15 AM

It becomes perfectly obvious that NO knows what will happen, just tighten your belt if we come out, this is one question he couldn't answer, no one can.
Be glad when it is all over, but we shall stay in whatever the vote for how long government wants, who know we may never leave.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top