Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 02:35 AM

Re: Sam

Thanks, Carmen. There are some things that we do need to discuss away from the prying eyes of guests.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 10:07 AM

I hope Sam get better real soon. I know what I would be like if it was one of my girls and one of them is a nightmare for picking stuff up off the griound. Tell your brother to try and be strong and that we are all thinking of him Mollie.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 10:21 AM

What a pickle Sam is, I am sure he'll be just fine once he gets back home to his Dad again. Collies are so hyperactive aren't they so the fretting will be doubly worse for him. Poor Sam, I often wish we could speak to them in their language.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 05:22 PM

Thanks again. Yes, Sam is very hyperactive. So much so that when we first met he shunned me, but tried to round me up when I was going home when I put my sheepskin coat on.

He is adorable though. I'll ring our David later to see how Sam is.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 10:53 PM

Lovely pic of Sam-he's a handsome boy! Hope he recovers quickly so that him and your Brother can be reunited as soon as possible.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 11:05 PM

Hope Sam has a speedy recovery....and is back home soon.........
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

02-01-2012, 11:32 PM

Thanks. I've no news as yet, but apparently he's okay.
miki's mum
Perth Western Australia
miki's mum is female  miki's mum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 11:33 PM

Hello Mollie, sending lots of heartfelt wishes for your Brother and Sam! Over the years we have had 8 dogs, and I certainly feel for your Brother and poor Sam. The separation is heart wrenching! Our latest, Miki, who turned 2 on NYE, is back to the vets today for another dressing change. The Vet says she is a kamikaze dog (or a lemon, depending on his humour on the day, lol)! 7 ops in 12 months, thank goodness I had the instinct to take out pet insurance for the 1st time ever. Miki is so used to the vets now, she just gives me a backward glance as if to say "Pay the bill on your way out"!! lol! It has become her 2nd home! I fret and worry all the time she is there, even though I know she will be well looked after. I understand and empathise with your Brother! Dogs are a integral part of our lives and the bond and trust and love between a dog and his carer is so strong. Please give your Brother my best wishes!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 11:33 PM

What a lovely boy , get well soon Sam
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

03-01-2012, 12:33 AM

The strange thing is, our family only ever had cats, right from us being little kids, but the way David has taken to Sam is quite awesome, as he'd never been a dog lover as such. Nothing against them, but no special interest either.

Sam is definitely a one-person dog, which I believe most dogs are, and that one person is my brother with Sam. They're almost like father and son, if that doesn't sound too stupid.

I could never have a dog because I wouldn't have a clue what to do with one but, when our Dave got together with his partner, she already had a little Westie, and David had Sooty the cat, both of whom have passed away some while ago.

The general concensus of the family after Whiskey the dog died, was to get another dog, so along came Sam and he is spoiled absolutely rotten.

Thank you all for your support for Sam. I feel sure he'll be okay. Will let you have an update soon.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top