Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2013, 08:21 PM

Re: Are there any classical music fans on here?

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Hi Daisymay, so you like Andre Rieu. Me and my wife discovered him about14 months ago and now we have some 25 DVDs, so you can tell that we like him. It's not just about the music but also about the entertainment value. He is a superb showman and we just love his choice of music...........GREAT !
My husband is also a great fan of Andre Rieu, he has many of his CD's and DVD's. ..... in fact I put Andre's latest CD "Magic of the Movies" on the Christmas tree for him a few weeks ago
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2013, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by jaywalker ->
I've been a classical music nut all my life since going to see Mario Lanza in 'The Great Caruso' when I was 13. It sparked something in me and I've never been interested in any other music since.

I was interested to read that the very talented Maltese tenor Josef Calleja who sang Nessum Dorma at the Last Night of the Proms last year, was inspired to study opera after listening to the Mario Lanza soundtrack as a teenager.
Yes Jean darlin' I just LOVE classical music too and am a real opera lover!!! I note your interest in male operatic stars. Many years ago I discovered another one - one not very well known outside of Germany. Sadly he is no longer with us, but he had a truly beautiful voice and a magnificent voice range. Listen to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIte6b7Ntg0
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2013, 11:58 PM

Well, funnily enough, Uncle Joe, Rebroff came here to Tasmania many years ago and I saw him at our local theatre and you're right. He was very good.

I've been lucky enough to have seen Pavarotti, Domingo, Joan Sutherland, Bryn Terfel, and many others on stage and next month we're going to see Dame Kiri ti Kanawa here. My favourite at the moment are Anna Nebretko, the gorgeous Russian soprano and Rolando Villazon, who often sings with her and Joseph Cajella from Malta who I mentioned before who sang at the Last Night of the Proms last year. He spent many of his summers with his aunt in S****horpe and she persuaded him to study singing so we Brits can be proud of him too!
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2013, 01:55 AM

Uncle Joe - Here is a link to two of the greatest opera singers of today (Anna Netrebko and Rolando Villazon). They are both gorgeous to look at and show that opera can be glamorous and fun too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiVZizFUpt0
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2013, 11:46 AM

Absolutley love Andre Bocelli but generally love any music provided it is random and not monotonously repeated.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2013, 04:35 PM

One of my biggest complaints concerning Andre is that he never comes here to Wales. He does England, Scotland and Ireland, but not Wales. And after all Wales is known as the 'Land of Song'. We have some wonderful musicians/singers here that he could feature, and anyone visiting Cardiff could find half a dozen, maybe even more suitable venues, both indoors and out for one of his spectaculars. Have looked on his web site for contact details to ask him why he has avoided us but can only find details for sales. Maybe he is like the Americans and thinks that Wales is part of England??
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2013, 02:31 PM

I love most music here are two ladies for one:

Sull'aria

remember Shawshank?

Just at the moment headphones revertberating with Champagne Supernove!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2013, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Myth and Magic ->
I love most music here are two ladies for one:

Sull'aria

remember Shawshank?

Just at the moment headphones revertberating with Champagne Supernove!
Maggie darlin' - I think my pair can do better than that. Remember British Airways adverts???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf42IP__ipw
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2013, 03:54 PM

Dear Uncle Joe, I'm loving it now I am flying, I send you one of each:

Bryn and Hayley singing Pokarekare Ana duet

Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2013, 05:11 PM

I've always loved classical music and my car radio is permanently tuned into Classic FM. I have lots of favourites but very keen on organ music, i.e. Bach's Toccata and Widor's Toccata. Saint-Saens Organ Symphony is another one where I turn up the volume.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top