Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2015, 01:56 AM

Re: Loneliness

Know the feeling Mups...I haven't touched or been touched by another human for months now... and my dogs are very old.The future might be Orange for some...mine is a bit grey.
Deborah2307
Weymouth Dorset
Deborah2307 is female  Deborah2307 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2015, 09:17 AM

When I married my husband 10years ago my daughter and granddaughter moved into my house, in March died this year I had to move back into my house so I now live with my daughter and granddaughter but I spend most of my time alone. I miss the conversations, watching TV together, walking the dogs together. The house is always busy but I dont think I have evr been so alone.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2015, 09:44 AM

Special long hug to all of you - I can put myself in your shoes and I would be a lost soul.
It does help if you have a pet, not an option for me sadly
To you all ....................

May the sun bring you new energy
May the moon softly restore you by night
May the rain wash away your worries
May the breeze blow strength into your being

APACHE BLESSING
Xx
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2015, 10:02 AM

Lovely sentiments Patsy,...I've lived alone for 17yrs now since My Youngest Daughter got Married,but I was always very busy with work,Grandchildren,Friends,so didn't really feel lonely..Now My Family are scattered all over the place and good Friends have passed away,and I do get lonely sometimes,but I'm used to it now,luckily I enjoy My Own Company,and as Someone said,You can feel more lonely when surrounded by the wrong types of Folks....(((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))) to All who need them..May xxx
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2015, 10:17 AM

My heart goes out to all those who are alone & lonely. (((HUG)))
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2015, 10:37 AM

Ive been alone for 25 years now, by choice All in all it suits me and my lifestyle. Recently when in hospital i did find it a disadvantage as the NHS when asked did not provide the help i reqd .

Of course loosing someone that you were close to will bring up sad memories, and at times like this the internet can be a godsend.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2015, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Special long hug to all of you - I can put myself in your shoes and I would be a lost soul.
It does help if you have a pet, not an option for me sadly
To you all ....................

May the sun bring you new energy
May the moon softly restore you by night
May the rain wash away your worries
May the breeze blow strength into your being

APACHE BLESSING
Xx

Lovely words Patsy, thankyou. x
JainieB
Hampshire UK
JainieB is female  JainieB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2015, 11:43 AM

I've been on my own for 7 years now, and have been in a smaller house for nearly 6 years.
Of course I felt quite alone for a few years before that as my husband had alzheimers, and I felt I'd lost the real him.
The time I felt most lonely was when going to bed and all the noise, TV or radio was turned off.
Now I'm fine. I have daughter's living nearby and I see or talk to them every week.
I like being able to do what I want when I want.
crestie
New Member!
Manchester
crestie is female 

01-11-2015, 01:48 PM

hi i am new to this so please bear with me.I have been on my own a very very long time and as another person has already said you get used to it.I show dogs and without them i would be lost, it is nice to have contact with people hence this forum. If i have not got this right i would be glad of your help
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2015, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by crestie ->
hi i am new to this so please bear with me.I have been on my own a very very long time and as another person has already said you get used to it.I show dogs and without them i would be lost, it is nice to have contact with people hence this forum. If i have not got this right i would be glad of your help
You have it right Crestie and welcome to you

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top