Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2014, 05:01 PM

Re: TV Cancer awareness advert

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Can you not see that your perspective or experience may possibly be far removed from what others - possibly thousands of others might receive?!
Yes I have acknowledged that fact many times stevmk2

But I am simply and honestly relating MY personal experiences too.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2014, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Yes I have acknowledged that fact many times stevmk2
But I am simply and honestly relating MY personal experiences too.
Fair enough Pats but please bear in mind that the everything in the NHS is not how you perceive it to be or perhaps wish it to be and others have concerns and bad experiences that impinge on their own, personal experiences.

I'm not having a go at you - just the system that produces excellent staff that, for reasons best known to themselves, seem to deny that there are inequalities and failings in the NHS - much like Jeremy Hunt with his political ping-pong views. stevmk2
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2014, 06:12 PM

I cannot fault the treatment that I have received from my GP nor can my husband. My husband suffers from type 2 diabetes, he is seen regularly by a diabetic nurse and sees the doctor annually about his condition, he sees a chiropodist who keeps his feet in good order. We both suffer fron high blood pressure and have regular blood pressure checks and annual cholesterol checks.

Just last week I had to visit the doctor because I was experiencing discomfort in one of my breasts, couldn't find any sign of a lump, just soreness and a burning sensation. Doctor says it's Mastitis, he gave me antibiotics and made me an appointment to go back on Monday while he checks me again.
I have never received anything but concern, care and good treatment. I know this is not true for all people but just telling it like it is for us.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2014, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Fair enough Pats but please bear in mind that the everything in the NHS is not how you perceive it to be or perhaps wish it to be and others have concerns and bad experiences that impinge on their own, personal experiences.
I don't need to 'bear anything in mind' I already know that stevmk2 and I have acknowledged that many times on here.

I am allowed to relate good experiences and I mean experiences...not 'perceptions' without an accusation that I am 'living in a different world' to everyone else!
Pats
Lincolnshire

14-03-2014, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I cannot fault the treatment that I have received from my GP nor can my husband. My husband suffers from type 2 diabetes, he is seen regularly by a diabetic nurse and sees the doctor annually about his condition, he sees a chiropodist who keeps his feet in good order. We both suffer fron high blood pressure and have regular blood pressure checks and annual cholesterol checks.

Just last week I had to visit the doctor because I was experiencing discomfort in one of my breasts, couldn't find any sign of a lump, just soreness and a burning sensation. Doctor says it's Mastitis, he gave me antibiotics and made me an appointment to go back on Monday while he checks me again.
I have never received anything but concern, care and good treatment. I know this is not true for all people but just telling it like it is for us.
I am pleased for you that you and your hubby are receiving excellent care mesco.

I sincerely hope you don't get 'jumped on' for telling it like it is like I do.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2014, 07:10 PM

I have to say I very rarely go to the docs, thank goodness I don't need to, but the last time I did I saw a GP within a couple of days. I had experienced tingling and numbness in one arm and said on entering that I just needed reassuring I wasn't having a stroke!! My doctor was excellent, he did several tests immediately and said I was fine.
I would like to think if I attended with a 3wk old cough he would take it seriously and send me for the relevant tests but who knows?? My mum died from lung cancer, it is a dreadful disease.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2014, 07:14 PM

I think it's great you get good service Pats what I am not so keen on is we end up jumping on each other because the way you speak it sounds like you are saying what some of us experience cannot be happening. You do acknowledge when pressed it isn't good everywhere but that isn't how it comes across at first.
It could just be how you write because some of my posts are misconstrued too due to how I express things so I do have sympathy if that's what is happening.

Not sure what the answer is but I have never said the entire NHS is bad even here we have our good days it's just when a working man who I love dearly is told rather than a knee replacement they want to take his leg off to save money, when I am nearly killed by incompetence (hospital staff have been disciplined over the incident) and when we just can't get GP appointments it's hard not to speak up an say all is not well.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2014, 07:23 PM

Have you tried changing GPs Julie, or is it too difficult in your area? To say they want to take his leg off just to save money is a very callous. I think I would be writing a letter of complaint to my MP just for starters.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2014, 07:32 PM

We have 3 GP practises here, two are completely full and have a waiting list to join them and we are at the 3rd. Different GPs within the practise are better or worse, two I refuse to see these days and one of the nurses we actually are starting to wonder if she is qualified ! When anyone says anything about her all the other staff shrug and say they don't dare say anything about her but interestingly no one says she is competent. Just roll their eyes and mutter which isn't helpful.

My recent cancer was dismissed by one GP who said NHS don't deal with eye problems like mine and I needed to pay privately, when I finally insisted on a hospital visit the consultant was horrified and sent a scathing letter to the GP.

So the hospitals know how bad the GP service is, chemists frequently put right errors they don't have a good word to say for the practise but again no one seems to be able to do anything about it.

Must say our dentist is fantastic and our optician is lovely, oh hang on we pay privately for them
Pats
Lincolnshire

14-03-2014, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Not sure what the answer is but I have never said the entire NHS is bad even here we have our good days.....
By the same token Julie, I have never said that the entire NHS is perfect..

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top