Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 04:35 PM

Re: Worry

Originally Posted by Jonno ->
Hi again . Thanks for your advice. You're right of course so ill stop worrying and just get on with life. The reason I'm in such a state is that I'm full time care to my wife who has advanced multiple sclerosis , is wheelchair bound and needs everything doing for her, so if anything happened to me she would be shoved into a nursing home and the thought of that I find terrifying. Still that hasn't happened yet and as I have no symptoms and feel perfectly healthy I'm going to ignore the medics and just get on with life. Thanks all. Love Jonno
Then it's understandable to be anxious Jonno, but don't worry about what might not be.

But don't ignore the medics as they have your best interests at heart.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 11:25 PM

As others have said, go to your GP and tell them that you feel fine and don't want to do an unnecessary test.

If they think for whatever reason that you do need it though, I would go ahead with it - but it is all up to you.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2014, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
As others have said, go to your GP and tell them that you feel fine and don't want to do an unnecessary test.
I don't think that anyone with a 1st degree branch block having had a recent virus would be advised to have an angiogram if it wasn't necessary to check that all is well.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2014, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
I don't think that anyone with a 1st degree branch block having had a recent virus would be advised to have an angiogram if it wasn't necessary to check that all is well.
Yes but the OP obviously had his doubts as to whether it was necessary or not otherwise he wouldn't have been asking for advise.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2014, 01:40 AM

Hi Jonno - if it helps - I went to the doc a few years back with chest pain - he quite rightly referred me to a cardiologist - this necessitated two days in hospital with an ecg and angiogram which is an operational procedure - diagnoses - acute indigestion!

a satisfactory ECG should be enough and is non-invasive - an angiogram is invasive and will only confirm what the ecg said
Pats
Lincolnshire

20-03-2014, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
Yes but the OP obviously had his doubts as to whether it was necessary or not otherwise he wouldn't have been asking for advise.
Yes I know but Jonno also said in his next post was that he was anxious because he is his wife's carer and he is anxious about what may be found if he has these tests.

A cardiologist wouldn't suggest an angiogram 'for no reason'
the cardiology team is doing it's job and covering its bases in the patients best interests
Jonno
New Member!
Suffolk uk
Jonno is male 

20-03-2014, 10:32 PM

Hi all. Your advice and comments have eased my worries. I've decided to see a GP and chew it over with him. At present I don't see the need for further tests as I feel perfectly healthy. But I will take my GPs advice as I know him and he plays a pretty mean guitar , mainly blues but hey no ones perfect Will keep you updated. Love Jonno
Pats
Lincolnshire

20-03-2014, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jonno ->
Hi all. Your advice and comments have eased my worries. I've decided to see a GP and chew it over with him. At present I don't see the need for further tests as I feel perfectly healthy. But I will take my GPs advice as I know him and he plays a pretty mean guitar , mainly blues but hey no ones perfect Will keep you updated. Love Jonno
Good for you Jonno.

All the best.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top