Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 03:36 PM

Re: Whats you doing?

I'm trying to download windows 10 but it seems to be taking an age. My laptop has been giving me frief all day hence the decision to ipgrade, but if things don't imorove soon it may be the canal for the laptop and down to Currys for an Applemac.....
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 03:41 PM

I just came out of the Great Pyramid of Egypt. Pretty enlightening stuff..
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 03:41 PM

Well, I've just spent a good hour trying to educate people on this forum. I think I have done quite well overall. Now I'm staring out of the window at the miserable weather and considering prising myself out of my pjs to go for a run.
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Taking Chloe out for her walk which checking for distressed or dying sheep .
There is a new batch in the field at the moment with suicidal tendencies, they walk into brambles/stand still/die .
Armed with the oven gloves I free them
I've been reading up on brambles doing this to sheep, Meg. It has been suggested that brambles are considered by some zoologists as predators, like the Venus Flytraps. The thorns are reversed, and 'designed' to snare animals such as sheep. When the carcases rot down, the nutrients feed the brambles.

On behalf of sheep everywhere, thank you for your kindness in untangling them.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Hanfonius ->
I've been reading up on brambles doing this to sheep, Meg. It has been suggested that brambles are considered by some zoologists as predators, like the Venus Flytraps. The thorns are reversed, and 'designed' to snare animals such as sheep. When the carcases rot down, the nutrients feed the brambles.

On behalf of sheep everywhere, thank you for your kindness in untangling them.

What an interesting hypothesis Han it could be true or maybe sheep are just to stupid to back out
I freed one the other day and it still just stood there. I had to give it a sharp slap on the behind to get it going
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 03:49 PM

Doing washing and have Vintage TV on in the background.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 03:57 PM

The laptop has, after at least an hour, just come up with a message that it cou ld not download Windows 10 because of an unforseen error. I think it has just sealed it's fate.......
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 04:06 PM

Had an unexpected visit from daughter, sil and granddaughter this afternoon, always lovely to see them .... they have just left
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 04:21 PM

Thats odd Cranberry, I had a cottage pie [ courtesy of Marks& Spencer] followed by some home made apple crumble. Ive been sorting out cupboards and drawers,this morning, Ive got a charity shopcollector coming tomorrow to pick up some items,thrown some things out.I listened to a discussion on LBC radio about the tragedy in Paris ,and peoples views on why/what can we do.and Ive tried to watch a bit of tele, but cant get interested .The weather here is dull and very windy, but ,fortunately dry.Going to have a cup of tea now,then time for an hour chat with my dear friend
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 04:23 PM

well iam watching the build up to the big brazil race with hamilton ,,,,

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top