Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2016, 02:24 PM

Re: My Name Is Kenny and I'm and Addict!

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I honestly didn't notice the title spelling Boozy, I thought it was Tpin saying something I didn't understand. That's why my post was asking him - sorry both .
There is no need to be sorry about anything Mups, and I am glad this has brought out that I made a smelling mistake.
And thank you for contributing to the thread.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2016, 02:25 PM

It`s been many years since I last had a bottle of beer. Commercial stuff just didn`t do it anymore. But we are seeing smaller breweries trying. I used to mash my own back in the early 80s-I was not too bad,won a shed load of prizes regionally and managed a first for my Pale ale at the `National`
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2016, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I usually glug the strong stuff, but Boozy, I can recommend a bottle or two of "Singha", got it from Sainsbury's, it originates from Thailand, about 5.2% and very refreshing on these muggy evenings.

P.S it's in a large 600ml bottle
Thank you for that Spitfire (my favourite bitter beer).
Yes, Singha is a lager type beer of course and I have tried it on a hot day, along with Cobra and Kingfisher both 600ml bottles.

My main love is Real Ale Bitter though, but lager plays a part in my drinking habits sometimes.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2016, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
There is no need to be sorry about anything Mups, and I am glad this has brought out that I made a smelling mistake.
And thank you for contributing to the thread.
I thought it was on purpose, a drinker's mistake to go with the thread.
That's why I'd pointed it out as no-one had mentioned it.

Hey-Ho.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

24-07-2016, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
It`s been many years since I last had a bottle of beer. Commercial stuff just didn`t do it anymore. But we are seeing smaller breweries trying. I used to mash my own back in the early 80s-I was not too bad,won a shed load of prizes regionally and managed a first for my Pale ale at the `National`
WOW O.G.
Nice one, and thank you for that info.
I have done home brewing in the past, and once had 4 40 pint barrels on the go which I drank in rotation.
Lubby Jubbly.

Many a time I had to say...

Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

24-07-2016, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I thought it was on purpose, a drinker's mistake to go with the thread.
That's why I'd pointed it out as no-one had mentioned it.

Hey-Ho.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2016, 02:39 PM

Thank you for that Spitfire (my favourite bitter beer).
Yes, Singha is a lager type beer of course and I have tried it on a hot day, along with Cobra and Kingfisher both 600ml bottles.

My main love is Real Ale Bitter though, but lager plays a part in my drinking habits sometimes.
Notes from 1981

one of my `bitters`

7lb Pale Malt, 3oz flaked rice,5 oz crystal malt,8 oz brown sugar,3 oz Goldings hop,a handful of Northdown after the hot break.

Lager was not easy-by best was only ever a second at a Regional competition.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

24-07-2016, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Notes from 1981

one of my `bitters`

7lb Pale Malt, 3oz flaked rice,5 oz crystal malt,8 oz brown sugar,3 oz Goldings hop,a handful of Northdown after the hot break.

Lager was not easy-by best was only ever a second at a Regional competition.
Thank you for that OG.
Mine went along similar lines, and like you I guess, I always dry hopped my beers.
Never did try to brew Lager though.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

24-07-2016, 02:51 PM

Lager was always very hard to get `just so` this one never got a first but it was drinkable.

9lb lager malt,5 oz crytstal malt,2oz Saarz hop,2oz Hallertau hop-Grey owl lager culture.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2016, 08:09 PM

Yes Mups.
I have made a simple smelling mistake there and of course tis is being pointed out to all and sundry.

Meg.
I don't know how to change a heading, so could you please correct my i'me to I'm.
My smell checker didn't flag it up.
Thanks.
All done BC

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top