Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 12:27 AM

Re: How about this for bed blocking!

Hi

It speaks volumes about inept NHS Managers.

The full cost of his treatment should heve been invoiced to Portugal, I will not be holding my breath.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 01:13 AM

I am absolutely astounded at this .
According to this article there are hundreds of people who do this .
I never knew people had the choice to stay in hospital

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-38680031
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 01:33 AM

I can't say I'm at all surprised.
Our system seems to support all the wrong people for all the wrong reasons.

And let's not forget that everyone: criminals, illegal immigrants and many others, in fact everyone except for decent, honest indigenous people are accorded the infamous 'human rights'.

Ever wondered why the world laughs at us?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 09:25 AM

Or why everyone wants to come and live here .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 09:45 AM

I'm loathe to comment negatively as I think sometimes people are sent home far too early these days, often to an empty home and unable to cope or scared to try.
Few years ago my gran was taught in hospital to make a cup of tea and made sure she was able to cope as she was scared, now it seems that often doesn't happen, when my husband had a stroke they released him at 3am, just sent him off out the doors no money no memory of where he lived nothing, not even a phone call to me. He was found wandering a mile from the hospital heading for the m25 ! Police were lovely and managed to find out who he was and brought him home.

2 years is ridiculous but that's an extreme case to make us think all bed blockers are like that, make it their fault they live alone or are scared to cope alone. Not really fit enough to live alone.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I have only just got round to reading last Saturday's paper and was quite shocked to read the following report:

"A patient who refused to leave his hospital bed despite not being ill has finally been evicted by a court after 2 years!
The man had been deemed fit for discharge and repeatedly offered accommodation which he turned down. His stay cost taxpayers £300,000.

This was at James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston, Norfolk.
The hospital had to apply to a court for a possession order to claim back the bed, which the Suffolk man had occupied since August 2014. This was granted on 1st Dec last year and he was finally evicted on January 10th this year."

The report finished by saying that "bed blocking is one of the biggest problems facing the NHS.
By Nov 24th last year, figures showed 6,825 people waiting to be discharged - the highest ever on record."

Seems crazy doesn't it, but what on earth is the answer I wonder?
It seems a crazy story and hard to believe it is true!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
It seems a crazy story and hard to believe it is true!

You can always check it out yourself.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 11:28 AM

This is a ridiculous yet unsurprising story where the law gets in the way of common sense. Personally, I would have tipped him out on the street and taken the consequences.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 11:36 AM

That just beggars belief.

I don't know about you but when I was in hospital, I was looked after very well, but the first thing I asked was when can I go home.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You can always check it out yourself.
I have but it is still hard to believe such a thing could happen.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top