Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2017, 06:22 PM

Re: So many threads

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Hi. This forum is wonderful, in spite of my rare and infrequent visits to it. However (oh, dear, here we go!), you don't think that there are too many subheadings do you and that trying to organize discussions might be a tad too anal? But who am I to talk? I'm just trying to work out where to go to find popular threads. Sorry if this sounds offensive. It's not meant to be.

Hello! Dextrous, ls this a bit like, moving in and moving the furniture around?!!
I think once you get used to the layout, it will be much easier for you!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2017, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
..... then it has to be good, Terry
Resistance is futile....the assimilation of the knowledge of Gravitas is the only way the collective can survive
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2017, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by dextrous63 ->
love teaching, but alas, the job seems to have little to do with it nowadays.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2017, 08:21 PM

Hi. This forum is wonderful, in spite of my rare and infrequent visits to it. However (oh, dear, here we go!), you don't think that there are too many subheadings do you and that trying to organize discussions might be a tad too anal? But who am I to talk? I'm just trying to work out where to go to find popular threads. Sorry if this sounds offensive. It's not meant to be.
Dex we do it on purposes to keep members brains active, we don't want you all vegetating do we..
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2017, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Resistance is futile....the assimilation of the knowledge of Gravitas is the only way the collective can survive
Knowledge?
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2017, 09:03 PM

Hi. Am in semi retirement and doing the occasional bit of "supply" work as well as dipping my hand on the old, rusty but reliable pipe bender for diynot sake!! Love teaching, but alas, the job seems to have little to do with it nowadays. What are you up to? Ironically, I'm useless at names (so sorry!!). Give me a clue or pm me
Bloomin' teachers on here are always trying to correct our grama etc.
Have sent you a PM mate.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2017, 10:09 PM

I apologise for any hint of anything er, hinting, criticism. Am finding my feet and think I'm getting the hang of it. Thanks for your patience with this matter.

A particular strength (IMO) is the ability to edit typos although these may have been made several hours ago, plus a clear understanding of the rules and regs of the site without having to plough through small print.
gasman
Kent, UK

03-06-2017, 10:17 PM

The regs on here are easy Pete - don't upset the ladies
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2017, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
The regs on here are easy Pete - don't upset the ladies
Agreed. Just need to work out who the ladies (male and female) are
gasman
Kent, UK

03-06-2017, 10:26 PM

Agreed. Just need to work out who the ladies (male and female) are
The luverly ladies on here run the show - they keep us mere mortal men in check. or so they think
There are some good people on here, with huge amounts of knowledge - just PM and I'll let you know

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top