Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2015, 10:53 PM

Re: The Grass is Greener

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Yes I thought it sad too MK ...but lots of poems are sad or depressing ,I just liked this one very much.
Here we are. This little poem off the top of me ed could be the start of something mega ...

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence
So many say that is but I heard it all before and hence
Take little notice as life has taught me other-wise
These people who look elsewhere tell many lies

Wotcha fink?
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 09:04 AM

Yes very true and I would base that on the experience of the journey of life from the times when they had very little but had very much, to the rat race we now live in, where a lot is never enough and neighbours never have time to be friends as they are too busy earning for the next piece of clinical junk to drive or look at.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 05:32 PM

The grass may well seem greener on the other side of the fence, but the poet fails to mention that it still needs to be mowed
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
The grass may well seem greener on the other side of the fence, but the poet fails to mention that it still needs to be mowed
Not now we have plastic lawns

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top