Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2011, 04:22 PM

Re: Dog with stiff joints

Just remembered something else, you can get those heat pads which you warm up in the microwave and wrap around their joints and fasten with velcro. We had two for Bobby. Of course good old pain-killers from the vet go a long way too.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2011, 05:14 PM

I believe that our dogs mimic us. Both my husband and I walk with difficulty and I am certain that our dog just goes along with it to be kind and not the odd one out.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2011, 05:37 PM

Of course he does, bless him.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2011, 05:39 PM

Heh Heh Heh
maryl
UK

05-07-2011, 05:41 PM

I know ...... sorry Kate, I'm still giggling at the thought of the three of you hobbling around, Ruud taking up the rear covered in fridge magnets!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

05-07-2011, 05:45 PM

Bless your heart we shouldn't joke about the joint stiffness of our loved ones but because I and hubs suffer with it we do all the right things by Ruud taking him to the vet, making sure he keeps within a certain weight and giving him glucosamine and chondrotine. There are many things offered to me including magnets and acupunture but I am just not comfortable with them.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2011, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
There are many things offered to me including magnets and acupunture but I am just not comfortable with them.
Most of them are hocus pocus CC, and although you never see snake oil for sale these days, just about anything else that could give a glimmer of hope to those in pain is marketed to death, just to make someone, somewhere, a quick buck. Having said that though, we too have given in to some quack remedies for our animals, "just on the off chance"...
maryl
UK

05-07-2011, 06:01 PM

We didn't do the magnets with Bobby but did the acupuncture. It was every 5 or 6 weeks or so and did help him immensley. He relaxed all the way through it (once dropping off to sleep) and a day later we could see the difference. We claimed on his pet insurance for it. The aqua pool benefitted him the most though and we also claimed for that. Murphy had his swim first for his rear end ataxia and then it was Bobby's go. In fact we treat our dogs better than ourselves don't we?
maryl
UK

05-07-2011, 06:05 PM

Aqua pool was every week.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2011, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Thats interesting but Ruud has thick thick hair and the collar must be close to the skin. I don't think I am a magnet believer and when I spoke to my husband about it he said that Ruud would pick up all the fridge magnets as he walked by them.............doh
Thick hair isnt a problem, you just trim back a little bit and it works fine. My horse wasn't a blagger and he didnt pretend it worked! He went from lame to not lame in about 3 weeks. I tried taking it off and very soon he was lame again. Its not a case of being a believer, the evidence was there before my eyes.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top