Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
JainieB
Hampshire UK
JainieB is female  JainieB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 07:07 PM

Re: Next Question

I'm going to be buried on top of my husband at the churchyard where we lived before moving to the town. They asked me specially when digging his grave if I wanted them to dig it deep enough for two, so of course I said yes. I expect my children will have a service there before the burial. Though they are not church goers.
My parents are also buried there as is my little daughter who died at 7 months.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Freudian slip Mups?

Heading: 'Nest Question' .... implies making a nest to give birth to youngsters.

Content of thread: Death

Sorry, couldn't resist

Oh dear. You are quite right Pesta. (I should have said Dead Right ).
That's the second heading I've messed up in the last few days.
Of course I meant 'NEXT QUESTION', and hadn't even noticed I messed up.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Oh dear. You are quite right Pesta. That's the second heading I've messed up in the last few days.
Of course I meant 'NEXT QUESTION', and hadn't even noticed I messed up.

We're all old Mupsy.... so all probably read it as 'Next'. Don't they say our brains see what it want us to see? (or something like that)

Failing that....

I'm just younger

edited
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 07:12 PM

We're all old Mupsy.... so all probably read it as 'Next'. Don't they say our brains see what it want us to see? (or something like that)
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

Pah....make me look an idiot why don't you Meg

(Clears throat and comes across as pleasant) ....

Oooooh - well done Meg....you've changed the thread heading for Mups

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I could be wrong but I was always led to believe as long as you are prepared to pay for a plot you can use any cemetery (space permitting).. popular with people who want to go back to their roots.

There's also double depth plots .. where you can be interred, as it suggests, in the same grave ontop, and so together forever, with your pre-deceased loved one. (Usually pre-arranged as the depth has to be over 6 foot).

In other instances, the grave is opened and an urn of ashes is popped in.

I'm quite fortunate .. I've had my instructions from Mr M. After cremation I shall have a week in Margate, take a boat trip along the coast and throw him into the sea.

My Mum and Dad are buried in a double plot Mort. However, I'm fairly sure they are next to each other, not on top of each other, as the plot is double width and I had the headstone moved centrally.

The reason I asked the question in the first place, is I used to live in the village where Mum and Dad were, but moved away. It is a nice little cemetary there, surrounded by farmland where I used to keep my pony once, and walk my dogs.
I have been thinking that I might like to go back there when I pop off, but didn't know if I could seeing as I no longer live in the village.
Also, would I be allowed to have a humanist service in a church cemetary I wonder?

Any retired Vicars on this forum?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

19-11-2016, 07:23 PM

Pah....make me look an idiot why don't you Meg

(Clears throat and comes across as pleasant) ....

Oooooh - well done Meg....you've changed the thread heading for Mups

Thanks very much Meg.

Why doesn't it let us edit the thread titles ourselves?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 08:03 PM

My Mum and Dad are buried in a double plot Mort. However, I'm fairly sure they are next to each other, not on top of each other, as the plot is double width and I had the headstone moved centrally.

The reason I asked the question in the first place, is I used to live in the village where Mum and Dad were, but moved away. It is a nice little cemetary there, surrounded by farmland where I used to keep my pony once, and walk my dogs.
I have been thinking that I might like to go back there when I pop off, but didn't know if I could seeing as I no longer live in the village.
Also, would I be allowed to have a humanist service in a church cemetary I wonder?

Any retired Vicars on this forum?
In that case Mups .. I wonder if it'd be worth contacting the church and explaining to the Vicar that your mum and dad are there and ask, in the future, if you could, at the very least, have your ashes interred with them. Most are quite obliging and respect family ties. They'll move Heaven and Earth to help out. Sorry about that, couldn't resist.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 08:07 PM

Thanks very much Meg.

Why doesn't it let us edit the thread titles ourselves?
Because I don't know Mups
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

19-11-2016, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Because I don't know Mups

Love it

Good answer

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top