Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2014, 03:09 PM

Re: Wine.

I only drink red wine in the Winter, I think my favourite must be Pinotage from LIDL, although there are not really any I don"t like.
PoppyToo
New Member!
Northamptonshire
PoppyToo is female 

25-10-2014, 03:56 PM

My favourite red wine is Shiraz followed closely by Rioja - the only time I drink white wine is if it's a hot day and then a chilled Chardonnay will go down nicely
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2014, 06:54 PM

If I was on the white stuff then of course Champagne is totally top of the list.
After that I like a well chilled Sauvigan Blanc.

Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2014, 07:00 PM

The heart says a nice drop of red from Bordeaux-but at £100 a bottle the wallet says stick to Chateau lav cleaner.
Asp3
San Jose, CA
Asp3 is male  Asp3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2014, 01:41 AM

I love wine and drink all colors and types. Reds are definitely my favorite and Zinfandel is my favorite red wine of choice. I generally tend to prefer the California styles wines (bold and fruity) but definitely appreciate old world style wines as well some times. Other reds I like are Barbera, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Pinot Noir.

For whites Gewurztraminer is my favorite, but it's difficult to find one just the way I like it. Viognier is another favorite but once again finding one that I like can be difficult. I like some Chardonnays but they tend to bore me overall.

For roses I prefer them dry. My favorite rose of all time was one made from Barbera, but I also like them made from Pinot Noir, Syrah and Grenache.

I also like ports which some people don't really consider wine.
Jeana
Oregon, USA
Jeana is female 

01-11-2014, 06:44 AM

I drink both red & white, of various types, but don't like anything very sweet. I will drink any red, as I love the color of it in the sunlight, or evening lights in a cozy place. Somehow a red wine also makes me feel more alive and indulgent and richly enjoying life. White: I enjoy the semi sweet Niagara of Oak Knoll, as the scent reminds me of plucking those concord grapes from a neighbor lady's arbor, when I was a child. So I do love a very grapey Chardonnay, too, but they are difficult to find. I can't drink white zin anymore, my first boyfriend after my divorce carried it around in a box in the back of his car. Blech
AlbertaS
Berkshire, UK
AlbertaS is female  AlbertaS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2014, 12:41 PM

I used to only drink red but now find it a bit heavy. My favourite wine is a Merlot rose or a Chardonnay. I actually think that my home made red grape or damson wine takes some beating but it doesn't last long enough.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2014, 04:27 PM

I'm about to have a glass of pinot grigio to start off my holiday . Cheers m'dears
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

09-11-2014, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
I'm about to have a glass of pinot grigio to start off my holiday . Cheers m'dears
Cheers, off somewhere nice?
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2014, 10:28 PM

I'm a Lambrini gal

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top