Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 04:32 PM

Re: Fly Tipping .....

It is a great system Bags - is that Cornwall or France .....?
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 04:37 PM

Thats in France pats as removal of rubbish is in our housing tax bill , along with many other services we never got in Cornwall.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 04:44 PM

On my development (as my neighbour prefers to call it, not an estate!), we have our brick bin area, and quite often get flytipping. We could find sofas, tvs, beds, a load of kids toys, a fridge, fridge freezer, exercise equipment, mattresses.

Not all at once, mind, but sometimes there can be an unsightly pile. I don't know if the old owner contacts the council for a free removal but then we always get the white van men coming round for a rummage! They very rarely go away empty handed. Some years ago I put out a standard lamp and Mum was with me at the time. She asked if I'd removed the plug so I went back out (within 5-10 minutes, mind) and it had already gone. Lol.

I use Freecycle to get rid of good bulky stuff and take the waste to the recycling depot as fortunately I have the car.

I despise flytipping.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 04:56 PM

Flytipping is awful - and the Council need to rethink - their methods aren't working !
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
Here we have tips which you are encouraged to take your own rubbish although depending on the individaul council men some will come with the village pickup truck and take yours if you cant to the tip.
At the tip there is 2 men working away seperating wood from metal from plastic and any other recyclable goods. they also put to one side reusable things like sofa's or house hold good that can still be used and it is all sold on if you need a bit of 2by 2 you can pick a piece up for free as my neighbour says more goes out than goes in most days ... I think its a great system.
Its all for free
That's how it used to work in Yorkshire where I lived, and it was actually a real pleasure to take stuff to the tip. The guys there were so helpful. Alas, here in Ireland you have to pay for everything you tip, which is no doubt why there is so much fly tipping and general rubbish around the place
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 05:46 PM

It's not about recycling or saving the world over here, it's all about money, I don't blame people who are fleeced to the bone with extra taxes and sick to death of austerity dumping it, they are dumping it in lanes and open spaces as it is and it's costing a fortune removing it, all false economy, you're not allowed burn it and the few tip heads have so many stupid rules and charges that it's a whole days work getting rid of an old sofa or mattress, not to mention the high cost of petrol to get there, the people just haven't got any money left, I think they should organise a huge 'Dump in" and dump it all outside government buildings in Dublin as a protest, the names of clean air, ozone layer, and recycling are abused by money grabbing companies and it's high time something was done to stop it. We have been well and truly sold out to private enterprise.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

24-10-2013, 06:41 PM

I do understand in some cases, why it is done and it is the fault of the Councils. Its just an awful sight ...... Bloomin Councils need to wake up !
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 07:18 PM

We have a wonderful tip here in Northumberland but you have to be able to get it in the car, so most people cut the thing up at home and take it in bits in the car, great.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 07:30 PM

What is it you're trying to get rid of Patsy? (I nearly typed Pasty!!!) Can you not fill it with compost & plant bulbs in it? Or dig a big hole in the garden! My daughter's friend moved house & found doors and all sorts of large objects buried in the garden! I once found a chasis of an old cart in one of mine!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 08:39 PM

In Kettering we have "Rag & Bone" men who regularly trawl the street taking away any rubbish with a recyclable value, usually white goods.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top