Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2012, 09:45 PM

Re: Fashion for woman 50+

Fashion? It's all wasted on me..I wear trousers, cut downs and tee-shirts.
My age doesn't come into it either..I like to be comfortable.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2012, 11:24 PM

Jeans, T-shirts, sweaters for me. When I last worked in management I didn't have trouble finding skirts, jackets and blouses that were fine for "business casual". We used to have a Marks & Spencer in the mall but no longer. I liked Cleo, which caters to the 30+ crowd I guess. Well-made clothes that fit nicely, moderately priced. Sears had some good choices too.

What's age got to do with dressing as you like? My mom (age 84) still shops for her own clothes - takes the mobility van from the long-term care home to the mall. She has knits, casual outfits, silky blouses to wear with matching skirts for a dressier look, or she mixes and matches with solid colour pants. She just bought herself a very smart cotton sweater that a lot of 20 yrs olds would wear.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2012, 11:40 PM

I'm more comfy wearing trousers and don't think I own a decent skirt though I'm thinking of buying a couple, probably from Matalan or M&S
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2012, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I don't have issues with fashion, I don't specifically look at clothes for the over fifties, age is just a number and I dress as I please whether I buy from a boutique or a department store, we should move away from thinking we have to dress our age, I've no need to be reminded I'm over 50, I'd rather think I'm still a young 'un which I am at heart
Good post I agree with everything you say
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2012, 12:54 AM

I don't have any issues with fashion either, but I do think ladies should dress according to their size, not their age.

I'm a size 10 (real size 10, not M&S or Matalan version in which I have to buy size 8) but I'm also 62, so these days I wouldn't wear a dress or skirt above the knee, although I could get away with that in my 50s, but not now.

Because I work in an office, obviously I have to dress accordingly.

I have a wardrobe full of fashionable clothes, suited to my size and age, which are far from frumpy but, if I'm honest, I prefer to be clad from neck to toe these days.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2012, 12:59 AM

I don't like to see anyone dressed in clothes that are 2 sizes too small! I like to wear clothes that are an easy fit because you tend to put on a few pounds during the day and there's nothing worse than unsightly bulges. I don't want to go around showing any hint of chesticles either so I'm all for a cover up job!
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2012, 03:53 AM

I have never followed fashion, I'm not one of the crowd who has to have the latest "must be seen in" I have no trouble getting Jeans, trousers, t-shirts or shirts. I'm not a skirt or frock person though I do have a few.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2012, 01:44 PM

I have one dress and two skirts in my wardrobe, I last wore the dress three years ago and couldn't wait to get out of it. I am a jeans, leggings, tee-shirt and big warm jumper or cardi person.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2012, 02:34 PM

Not exactly 'fashion' but I did write to M&S some years ago about 'big knickers' when they were in their catering to the waif faze and seemed to stock only G strings and bits of lace masquerading as knickers .
I told them we don't all want to look like glamour models, some of us wear knickers too keep warm.

Likewise 'nightshirt' T shirts, they had some lovely ones with Owls on the front and I would have loved one but they barely covered my bottom .

This was at a time when M&S had lost their way somewhat. They went on to re evaluate, changed their stock and introduced new ranges.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2012, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Fashion? It's all wasted on me..I wear trousers, cut downs and tee-shirts.
My age doesn't come into it either..I like to be comfortable.
Brilliant answer, woman of my own heart.

Tis easy to buy clothes today whatever your age or size gone are the dark ages when you had to act or dress your age. Come to think of it I haven't heard say 'Mutton dressed as lamb' the very concept is old hat.

The Internet is out there so I buy trousers from America and tops from India never been better off for choices.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top