Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2010, 11:42 PM

Re: Maggie....6.5 months...

Originally Posted by Moli ->
I feel so sorry for her, she is full of life, she does tend to belt round the garden though, but its on grass so should be ok....although the toe has healed she is still lifting the leg...will see how it is in a few days, and if she is still lifting it will get her back to the vets...
Just a thought Moli, could it be she's lifting her leg as she's got used to using it with strapping on, and now its off she's just got into a habit? Hope that makes sense!
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2010, 11:54 PM

I did think that too merz, but when she has been sleeping it seems to get stiff as she always lifts it then......I wonder if maybe another xray would shed some light on it, the toe has definitely healed....I massaged it tonight for her, she licked it then stretched her leg out for me to massage...
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2010, 12:03 AM

I did think that too merz, but when she has been sleeping it seems to get stiff as she always lifts it then......I wonder if maybe another xray would shed some light on it, the toe has definitely healed....I massaged it tonight for her, she licked it then stretched her leg out for me to massage...
Probably a good idea for another x-ray if it seems to stiffen and she is still lifting it in a few days. At least it will show anything untoward......hopefully there won't be. Sounds like massaging it somehow made it more comfortable. Maybe tendon or muscle problem, but hope it rights itself in the next few days.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2010, 12:10 AM

Thanks merz....think I would be happier if she was Xrayed again....
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

11-03-2010, 12:16 AM

Thanks merz....think I would be happier if sh ewas Xrayed again....
At least you'd have peace of mind Moli, and if it shows something just not quite right, it can then be sorted out.
Good luck.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2010, 09:44 AM

Aw bless, she is lovely and I do hope her toe has healed and you don't have to take her back to the vet.

She is stunning.

Big hugs to her from me and doggy ones from Loki xx

Take care.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top