Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2010, 10:31 AM

Re: I don't bileeeeeve it

These are frames I did 2 years ago, . . the photos are A3 size which is twice the size of A4, . . the white card can be bought from stationers or office suppliers, . . . it's very easy to do.

PS: the actual images are A3 size, the frames are much larger as you can see.
FayRose
Devon, UK
FayRose is female  FayRose has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2010, 11:49 AM

They are nice frames nero, mind you the contents are even nicer

My problem is that the frames are for oil paintings on canvases and can't be framed under glass. The frames I mis-measured are wooden, underpainted and gilded and in four parts and once fixed, its quite difficult to change them.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2010, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by FayRose ->
They are nice frames nero, mind you the contents are even nicer

My problem is that the frames are for oil paintings on canvases and can't be framed under glass. The frames I mis-measured are wooden, underpainted and gilded and in four parts and once fixed, its quite difficult to change them.
They can still be cut to size Fay, . . after cutting and glueing the wood you can get goldsize to paint the joins then cover this with gold leaf, . . .goldsize is basically just a quick drying varnish which the gold leaf sticks to when tacky, . . if you can't get goldsize some cellulose lacquer will do the same job. . . . getting gold leaf may be a problem though but it is available on-line.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2010, 05:08 PM

Nero I like those pictures of the dogs and that is the type of 'white border' I was thinking of but I guess Fay's problem is it's Easter and no where is open (Apart from the superrmarkets and petrol stations)

Anyway Fay, enjoy your birthday, don't even think about paintings and frames until tomorrow, and what ever you do I'm sure the pictures are marvellous (With or without frames )
FayRose
Devon, UK
FayRose is female  FayRose has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2010, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Anyway Fay, enjoy your birthday, don't even think about paintings and frames until tomorrow, and what ever you do I'm sure the pictures are marvellous (With or without frames )
Ah, bless you Losos. Thanks very much for your kind words and encouragement.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top