Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 05:21 PM

Re: The new Top Gear

well said cass,it was a fun program,,
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 06:10 PM

In my ever-humble Aussie opinion, the first series or two were pretty entertaining - even educational.
Emphasis was often on "reasonably priced cars" as well as 'dream-machines'.
Some of the novelty trials and races were quite funny.
Guests were often interesting and safety even received the occasional mention.
But ENOUGH already !
It has been done to death.

Even so, would have to be better value than those horrible brain-dead soapies. You would have to chain me to a chair.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 06:17 PM

Spot on Cass it was good and entertaining fun, and by the audience much enjoyed by both men and ladies.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 07:08 PM

I think it must be the most boring and puerile show on tv, as for doing wheelies round the Cenotaph,is quite appalling.

Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I think it must be the most boring and puerile show on tv, as for doing wheelies round the Cenotaph,is quite appalling.

Well said ....
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 07:36 PM

How many times can you watch this slapstick and still find it amusing?, to me it is more like Tom and Jerry, only they've been replaced by middle aged fat blokes.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 09:21 PM

I loved the old Top Gear, and have made many friends through it. We are all still in contact, mostly via FB, but all became closer because of Hammond's accident.

I loved the music and the cinematography, and their narration. And the banter, and the jokes they pulled on each other.

Have to confess it was getting stale and knew it was only a matter of time before it folded, but I don't see any success for the new format and new line-up. I read that Chris Evans doesn't even like the American chap. At least Clarkson, Hammond and May genuinely enjoy each other's company, as proven by the fact that H&M, AND Andy Wilman the producer, joined Jezza when he was sacked.

Oh, and I drooled over some of the cars. And I used to record shows onto my PC, rip the audio and burn CDs to play in the car. Loved it.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2016, 07:04 PM

So it eventually starts tomorrow night, and I'm already sick to death of it with the BBC plugging it at every opportunity. I wonder if there is a fascinating documentary about paint drying on one of the other channels at the same time, just to present a fair alternative....
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2016, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
So it eventually starts tomorrow night, and I'm already sick to death of it with the BBC plugging it at every opportunity. I wonder if there is a fascinating documentary about paint drying on one of the other channels at the same time, just to present a fair alternative....
Yes, I'm sick of it too. I don't have a clue who half the presenters are, never liked Friends, so won't bother with Matt Le Blanc, and not overly keen on Evans. No reason for watching it, then!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2016, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I didn't watch the 'old' programme and I won't be watching the new one...

Big boys playing with toys is not something I need in my life

I feel exactly the same as you, Meg.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top