Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 05:10 PM

Re: Subtitles

Yep I use it 99% of the time and find it a great help, sadly its not available on all TV channels as the same on DVDs,

if you are dependant on DVD's with subtitles as we are and buy lots off Amazon etc etc avoid buying DVD's made by the company 'Studiocanal they do not do subtitles as we have found out to our cost .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Yep I use it 99% of the time and find it a great help, sadly its not available on all TV channels as the same on DVDs,

if you are dependant on DVD's with subtitles as we are and buy lots off Amazon etc etc avoid buying DVD's made by the company 'Channel' they do not do subtitles as we have found out to our cost .
You would think that most of the channels would have them by now.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 05:22 PM

Edit in my post 11 =Studiocanal is the name of the company who do not do Subtitles.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Edit in my post 11 =Studiocanal is the name of the company who do not do Subtitles.
That is surprising. They normally make such good films as well.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 07:06 PM

I am glad of the subtitles for when l can’t understand some of the accents in programmes on television.

Taggart and some American accents used to be difficult for me to understand!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-07-2018, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am glad of the subtitles for when l can’t understand some of the accents in programmes on television.

Taggart and some American accents used to be difficult for me to understand!!
They help when watching anything with Ben Affleck in it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Downloaded shows on Sky Catch Up don’t have subtitles. Unless I need to find some settings somewhere.
Jazzi, l find this so annoying that Catch Up doesn’t have subtitles. I read that many people have complained about this but they still haven’t done anything about it.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Jazzi, l find this so annoying that Catch Up doesn’t have subtitles. I read that many people have complained about this but they still haven’t done anything about it.
I Googled this and found some old forum threads complaining. The tv companies just don't offer the service on download.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 10:01 PM

I got muddled trying to follow Keeping Faith even with subtitles!!!
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I got muddled trying to follow Keeping Faith even with subtitles!!!
I've just watched that on i Player, and the subtitles were ok. Apparently it was shown in Welsh earlier in the year, and because it was popular, it was put on i Player. The second episode is on BBC1 on Thursday at 9pm. Intriguing programme, nice to see some new faces for a change, instead of the usual luvvies.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top