Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 04:44 PM

Re: Christmas Jumpers

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
No - not even then
I see nice things for me Hubs that would look great on him - will he wear them 'no' - so same goes for me ..........
That's great you both understand each other.
I think it’s a bad idea to buy any article of clothing as a present unless you really know what the person likes and hates to wear. I remember back in the 60’s when I was courting (I know it’s an old fashioned word but I am old fashioned in many ways) I was flush after getting a big bonus from my boss and saw a lovely fur collared duck egg blue coat in a shop window, that would look lovely on the girlfriend I thought, the size looked right so I went in and bought it. I gave it to her on Christmas Eve and she hated it, it fitted perfectly and looked great on her but she hated the colour, I told her that was the only one they had. In the end I took it back and got a refund and gave her the money to get herself what she wanted in the sales afterwards, but I never bought her any clothes ever again, I’d learned the hard way.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
That's great you both understand each other.
I think it’s a bad idea to buy any article of clothing as a present unless you really know what the person likes and hates to wear. I remember back in the 60’s when I was courting (I know it’s an old fashioned word but I am old fashioned in many ways) I was flush after getting a big bonus from my boss and saw a lovely fur collared duck egg blue coat in a shop window, that would look lovely on the girlfriend I thought, the size looked right so I went in and bought it. I gave it to her on Christmas Eve and she hated it, it fitted perfectly and looked great on her but she hated the colour, I told her that was the only one they had. In the end I took it back and got a refund and gave her the money to get herself what she wanted in the sales afterwards, but I never bought her any clothes ever again, I’d learned the hard way.

That really made me sad Jem
but I agree - 'Duck egg' - Yikes !
Such a lovely thing for you to do, but as you rightly say, clothes - well not a good idea .........
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 05:04 PM

I dress for the occasion. In the case of that jumper, then yes, i would wear it. Under my overalls, when working on the car in the garage, when its cold and nobody could see.

If I happened to be welding, it would be worn over my overalls, ready to catch a big fat spark and get a hole burnt in it! As for some unnacountable reason has happened on more than one occasion in the past!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 05:49 PM

No - I wouldn't wear anything garish - oh no .........
Me neither, never in a million years, if they didn!t know my taste by now, well tough , I say.

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Me neither, never in a million years, if they didn!t know my taste by now, well tough , I say.

Exactly - we've got style gal - style
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 05:57 PM

People know better than to buy me jumpers not that I get many presents these days, I stopped all that long ago .
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 06:02 PM

Exactly - we've got style gal - style
Chuckle, well we have not we ??? ((hug))
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

29-12-2014, 06:07 PM

Re-write that ,been on the Apres Christmas plink a plonk.
It is allowed as Grandma feels a bit blue seeing the D/C going, still seeing them again in 3 weeks

Well we have , have we not. Oh well !!!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

29-12-2014, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Chuckle, well we have not we ??? ((hug))
Is that Shakespeare gal .........
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

29-12-2014, 07:25 PM

Take no notice of me . I will sit quietly in the corner . Laugh .

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top