Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 06:36 PM

Re: Dreaded New Year.

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Hate New Year .
Just want it over and done with .
Me too Muddy! I always used to drive, as I don't drink much, but the people I was with did. On one occasion my friend ( also a driver) and I told the drunken men to get in the car or walk home in the cold. They didn't listen so we just took the ladies home and then went back to her house, where we were staying the night.
Not sure how the men got home but we found them on the lounge floor, with bad hangovers the next morning....... so I made breakfast for all......it is amazing how much noise you can make when preparing breakfast
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 06:51 PM

Hi

I will be on my own New Year's Eve, probably watching one of my favourite movies and having a very quiet night.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 06:58 PM

I really dont mind spending new year alone , ill get a nice steak and a bottle of nice wine , usually im in bed before midnight. Ive had many nights out in the past but it really doesnt bother me at all .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 07:05 PM

I like to watch the London fireworks on telly and sometimes the music afterwards. Last year it was Nile Rogers but the best one was Queen with Adam Lambert - That was superb.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 07:09 PM

For me it'll just be like any other night with the added annoyance of endlessly noisy fireworks!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 07:11 PM

I used to love the proper Hogmanay program from Scotland, we had on TV, some years ago now.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 09:00 PM

A three night stay at a posh'ish hotel in Scarborough. Bow tie and suit for the New Years Eve Ball, but careful with the drink because it's customary for me to start off with an early morning six mile run up and over Olivers Mount, usually in the dark......Have already booked a cruise for next New Year with the group we normally meet up with at the hotel.....
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 09:43 PM

I'll be dancing and partying on the beach in Gambia........yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!!!
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 09:59 PM

Im also a hater of NYE, luckily I survived so many of them actually working

Those I didn't I used to like being at home with a good old fashioned film on the box

Nowadays the children and grandkids come and we have a bit of a make do tea and play a few games and watch a film, doing our best to stay awake till midnight. NYD is a normal working day for me

MC, sounds like a great plan to get through the end of the holiday season ( if you are fit enough)

Its good to hear that others don't celebrate. I think we are sold the lie that Christmas and new year are such perfect family/friend times when the reality isn't
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 10:46 PM

We stay up to see the New Year in but celebrate it on New Years Day when we have the family round for a turkey roast dinner with all the trimmings. We usualy play a few games in the afternoon, then have a buffet early evening and open small presents from the Christmas tree.

A lovely way to start the New Year for us.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top