Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2010, 02:42 PM

Re: Larrrkroise to Candullfurrrrd

There is so much realism on television at the moment. I can watch it anytime, some programmes are just so real they make me feel sick. This programe was lovely, entertaining escapism and I loved it.
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

24-01-2010, 08:43 PM

I love it as well. Wouldn't miss it. My favourite character has to be Minnie............well, what's not to like about Minnie.
Miranda53
Buckinghamshire, UK
Miranda53 is female  Miranda53 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2010, 02:57 PM

I like this as well. Pleasant, soothing viewing for a Sunday night when I don't really want to have to do much thinking!
Wanda
High Peak, Derbyshire, UK
Wanda is female  Wanda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2010, 07:43 PM

Yes, I had my Sunday night mug of creamy, warming, soothiing, snuggly Lark Rise last night.

Lovely!
sumac
New Member!
Kent UK
sumac is female 

30-01-2010, 05:22 PM

When I watch I cannot but help recalling that my grandfather was born in the 1860's in a village in Oxfordshire. He was illegitimate and brought up by his widowed grandmother, cousins, aunts etc..etc, etc. When I visited the 'village', where they all had lived had been a tiny 2 up/2down. Together with its 3 attached dwellings, it is now a 'single' home. An aunt had given birth in the workhouse.
So when I watch, I am aware of the hardship but can visualise the era clearly.
Su
Miranda53
Buckinghamshire, UK
Miranda53 is female  Miranda53 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2010, 10:46 AM

Did anyone else get a little weepy watching last night's episode? I'm such an old softie
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2010, 12:02 PM

More than a little weepy Miranda had a good cry it was loverly
Geordiegirl
Suffolk UK
Geordiegirl is female  Geordiegirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2010, 01:42 PM

I love that programme but will that dear little kitchen maid marry Alf?

Jeanette
Miranda53
Buckinghamshire, UK

01-02-2010, 01:45 PM

Can someone explain to me who the little baby Annie belongs to? I must have missed an episode somewhere - I thought she had been left on Alfie's doorstep, but then it appears she belongs to Laura's mum (whose name I forget) ???
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2010, 01:51 PM

Annie is Laura's smallest sister - we were there when she was born
Patience appeared last week and was sent from jail by her mother (Dawn French) to be cared for by her eldest son and the baby's eldest brother, Alf
Archie was one of Alf's little brothers and he was lost to measles last night.
Little Man (Sidney) appeared last series. His father was the 'local boy made good' who started the hotel in the town. You wondered if there was to be a romance with Dorcas but it never really got going. Sidney is the result of some wild oat sowing on his part and had been cared for by his mother. Then she died and Sidney went to a horrid boarding school and then they found out and Sidney came to Candleford and then the gorgeous blond 'local boy made good' died, I think, but I don't remember how/why

More complicated than Corrie, isn't it?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top