Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2010, 07:19 PM

Re: What adverts are particularly annoying you?

Originally Posted by suey ->
Go Compare is the worst ever
Same for me, it drives me mad! You feel like and he balls it out when he sings!!!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2010, 07:36 PM

Go Compare is top of my list too .....I clench my teeth when that one comes on!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2010, 02:05 AM

...yes that's one of the ones which make me want to smash the TV screen
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2010, 04:22 PM

Drill a one inch diameter hole in your refrigerator door. This will allow you to check that the light goes off when the door is closed
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2010, 07:02 PM

If you are on speaking terms with the little man who turns the light off there is no need to drill a hole in the door sometimes elephants in the custard give the impression that the lights have gone out no it is better to rely on the little man.
Carol Anne
New Member!
West Midlands
Carol Anne is female 

16-02-2010, 07:31 PM

I must agree with you, it drives me and my Husband mad
Dalmagirl
Longford, Ireland
Dalmagirl is female  Dalmagirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2010, 01:26 PM

Anything related to laundry products. Why do they have to depict only (well dressed) women doing it, as though it is the most important thing they have to do that day and if it doesn't come out perfect they will be punished for being a failure as a wife and mother!!!! Who, in the real world, goes into tears of anguish that a stain hasn't come out?????
Strangely, it's always been the case... what those in the trade call a "trope"

Of course there is the relatively new alternative of the smug only-we-under-tens-can-save-the-planet brat which is even worse IMO.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2010, 01:41 PM

The one for vanish really annoys me. This dopey mother when confronted by a stain in her child's dress tells the kid that the stain won't come out and the world is ending. Then another dopey woman shows the first dopey woman how to get rid of the stain by washing the dress again only this time in Vanish. When the stain has magically disappeared the mother tells the now mentally traumatised child that she can go to the party after all. Hurrah.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2010, 01:48 PM

They all annoy me, . . I pay £20 plus my licence fee of over £100 to get 90 channels on TV but I'd gladly pay twice the price just to be able to watch a program that doesn't have commercials on it every ten minutes.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2010, 03:39 PM

I hate the fact that they seem to think we have suddenly all gone hard of hearing and need to hear the adds at full volume, I get fed up with having to turn the volume down. I am sure it didn't used to be like that.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top