Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 01:53 AM

Re: Burgulary

Oh dear Mups .... it's one thing after another isn't it ... I am sorry for your neighbours and know that it must have made you feel nervous.

May I suggest that if you feel insecure you ring your local Crime Prevention Officer who may come round and give you advice regarding any extra security you may need.

(((Hugs))) to you x
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 07:21 AM

We had a burglery in our street last week two men pretending to be window cleaners.

Yesterday OH spotted a man with a ladder but no van nearby.. He took a photo from the bedroom window. Well you never know and OH's memory isnt too great so describing the guy would be an impossible task.

A word of caution for those with dogs..Let your dogs bark from indoors dont let them out. On another site I read an awful story about a lady who's dog was badly beaten by a burgular and the injuries were so bad the dog was later PTS. No posession is worth the life of your beloved pet.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 08:45 AM

We had our brick built shed broken into and they stole the contents of the freezer which contained all our meat stocks.
Not personal things and nothing was trashed apart from the door but the shock had a very adverse effect on me.
Unnerved me and made me edgy to this day. These criminals have no idea, nor do they care about the effect it has on their victims.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 04:30 PM

Mups, I can relate to that fright feeling and someone at the door late in the evening.

I was on the phone to a friend, it was about 11pm. There was an almighty banging on the front door interspersed with rattling and banging on the attached garage door. I thought the front door was going to cave in.
I ran upstairs to peep out of the window (still on the phone and screeching to my friend what was happening). This chap was obviously out of his head with drugs or drink or both. I hung up and rang the police and told them what was happening.

I was petrified and thought , this is it, my time's up. While I waited for the police, the chap staggered up the Close and collapsed under a neighbour's bush. It didn't take long for the bobbies to arrive. One made sure I was ok while the other two tried to rouse the chap from under the bush (who by then was off in another land). And off they all went in the divisional van.

The really nice thing about it was that the next day the same bobbies called round to give me an update. He was known to them, had pockets stuffed with drugs and a knife.
By 'ec one of those bobbies was yummy too
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Mups, you can only make it difficult for them but having a dog is good.Let him/her have full access to all areas of the house.

Burglars are hit and run they'll not be back, too risky.

Lock up, have a cuppa and relax.
I agree - if they hear a dog, they will go elsewhere
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 05:20 PM

Sorry to hear about your neighbour being burgled, it is not nice to have some stranger going through your stuff, let alone stealing it.
We have a burgular alarm, as do most at our end of the road, since our opposite neighbours got burgled. They are on the end & have a road behind their house & garden & it's a bungalow, railway line other side of the road, so it was fairly easy for the villians to get in. Those neighbours have since moved, they couldn't stay there after.
It did give a wake up call to the rest of us though.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I agree - if they hear a dog, they will go elsewhere
My mum was a lawyer and after talking to a client she came home with a dog.

He said alarms presented an exciting challenge, dogs on the other hand were a problem to be avoided.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
My mum was a lawyer and after talking to a client she came home with a dog.

He said alarms presented an exciting challenge, dogs on the other hand were a problem to be avoided.
Yes I've known 'tough' men to run a mile at the barking of a dog ..........
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by lovemyboys ->
I let the dogs out, and they chased him away while I phoned the police.
Can't do that in England now, it could harm his 'uman rights' and you would be arrested, you might think I'm joking but I'm not.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
It also scares me a bit, I suppose because it was so close-by.
How awful for you and your neighbour. Try not to worry, easier said than done I know.

If your dog is the one in your post picture (Is that what they call an 'avatar' ) then I don't think they'll be trying your place, I do hope not anyway.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top