Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 10:57 AM

Re: Has anybody else had this?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Whenever I get any emails like this I check the email address and if in doubt I call the organisation. There are increasingly more scam mails and texts going round.
Nail on the head with that Annie.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Get a good bank and stick with it all these company's like Pay Pal are not worth the hassle that they create.
Been with Nat West for over 40 years now and never had a problem with any of my payments.
Same here, Nat West,50 years, though getting tough to find a branch that's actually open in a high street now.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 11:49 AM

Of course it's a scam. Just report it to PayPal.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 12:55 PM

I have had these emails from ‘PayPal’ in the past and l knew straight away that they were scams.

Well, that’s because l have never had a PayPal account!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Get a good bank and stick with it all these company's like Pay Pal are not worth the hassle that they create.
Been with Nat West for over 40 years now and never had a problem with any of my payments.

Wouldn't touch pay pal with a barge pole - they are on a par with faecesbook.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

Wouldn't touch pay pal with a barge pole - they are on a par with faecesbook.
I agree, but as far as I can tell, there isn't another way to pay for some things online. If there was an alternative, I would jump at it!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 01:30 PM

I go nowhere near Pay Pal, it’s bank only for me.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 01:42 PM

The sheer number of these scams is worrying but no, I've not personally had the PayPal one.
It makes it a bit more difficult for them when you don't have a PayPal account.

Mrs Zaphod has had a few Royal Mail scam attempts.
As I said to her: if Royal Mail have got a parcel & couldn't deliver it, where is the card through the door and how did they get your email address?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 01:46 PM

It's not PayPal at fault. It's the scammer pretending to be PayPal. Just like some pretend to be the bank ..and this is not the bank's fault.

I use PayPal where possible because it means I don't have to give payment card details to all the various companies I might buy from. The less these details are given out the better. Never had a problem with PayPal.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 03:36 PM

Yes, Carol, good catch on your part! PayPal scams are among the most common out there AND the pages and likes they send are among the best forged.

Never worry about an account unless YOU initiate the process by doing directly to the website.

I have had phishing spam on PayPal, Netflix, Primed, credt cards - you name it!

Smart cookie you are!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top