Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 12:15 PM

Re: Happy Good Feeling

Ladies, does this feeling of euphoria follow the downing of a couple of G&T's ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Patsy, sorry you have been "down" of late .
H Here is little wave to you.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Ladies, does this feeling of euphoria follow the downing of a couple of G&T's ?
Not in my case, if I do have a tipple - its watered down
I guess its a 'few' that experience this unusual feeling ....
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 12:49 PM

Maybe I'm lucky but I have lots of these sudden feelings of almost overwhelming happiness. Mine are usually family orientated. We went to visit our eldest Granddaughter and her 8mnth old beautiful baby son. I was sitting with my great grandson on my lap and watching him smiling at me and then it happened..a feeling of such joy I felt myself welling up!! Ok so i should be used to it by now I know, but my super sized family do it to me every time.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

31-08-2014, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Maybe I'm lucky but I have lots of these sudden feelings of almost overwhelming happiness. Mine are usually family orientated. We went to visit our eldest Granddaughter and her 8mnth old beautiful baby son. I was sitting with my great grandson on my lap and watching him smiling at me and then it happened..a feeling of such joy I felt myself welling up!! Ok so i should be used to it by now I know, but my super sized family do it to me every time.
Great post EZ - put a smile on my face
But, what I am describing is 'out of the blue, for 'no' reason ....
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Myth and Magic ->
Setting the scene .... I have not been well lately, two operations leaving me weak and quite frankly feeling rough ..... yesterday the sun shone and I trimmed a box hedge and tidied a few things, then sat on my bench..... suddenly I felt so smug and a smile crossed my face as I thought 'I did that!'

Busy cooking today but the sun is still shining .... occasionally
HI Myth,

for you, hope you on the mend.
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 02:32 PM

Thank you Apricot, I strimmed a path to my compost heap this morning, no more wet feet ..... still grinning....
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 03:09 PM

Accomplishment is a great 'lifter of spirits' I always find, packed with a feelgood factor! Other than that I have to say I don't get the happy thing very often though.
Hope you're on the mend now M and M and hope you're feeling chirpier, too, Patsy!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 04:11 PM

Sorry to hear you were not in the best Patsy, don't blame you, this August was a terrible month, dampen anyone's spirits, and as for the news, misery everywhere.
Can't say I ever got any special kind of lift in my spirits, i don't think I'd notice it if I did, as has already been said it's usually a family thing that elates me, the latest and last grandchild was a big moment for me, he's outside now playing ball with the dog in the garden while I keep an eye on him, he always makes me smile.
I wish all those who are not too well and feeling under the weather a speedy recovery and back to their old selves again.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 04:19 PM

About 3 years ago, when my spirit was very low, I joined a Rambling group. Of course it was daunting going to the first walk, but all went well and I loved it. My whole week was pointing towards the Saturday walk, meeting new people, having a packed lunch on the way, and a wee glass of wine at the end. Then I'd go home and run a bath, whilst my ready meal curry was in the oven, relax in the tub, then get my jammies on and sit and have my dinner. The feeling I had was overwhelming and I just felt so happy and contented. I get a nice warm feeling and a smile on my face just thinking about it. It was a happy lifesaver for me I would leave home that morning with the worries of the world on my shoulders, then return home feeling great.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top