Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2021, 11:06 PM

Re: Horses - any stories?

Originally Posted by Meg ->
My Aunt and Uncle owned a riding stable and collection of carriages used in films and TV.
At school my friends were envious because I used to go to the stables for tea on Tuesdays but I never got free rides on the horses .

When I was little we used to go out on the stage coach on Sundays to an Inn a few miles away, on one occasion I was wearing a new green coat sitting on the front seat, it rained. I got soaked and the dye came out of the coat I was stained green for days.
Wow, Meg, that's a bit posh! Too bad about the coat though....poor you!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2021, 11:12 PM

This is the pony I had as a teenager

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mum on Tippy 1967 001 (2).jpg
Views:	115
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	14716  
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2021, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
That's a lovely photo! Burly north eastern guys there! I know (of) Portsoy. I was more near Fochabers.

Tangent: How did you get the photo up? I'm trying to upload one for the Feb photo competition.
It is a bit of a hit or miss with me Pixie. They always appear very small. That is why I don't bother much with the photo competitions.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2021, 11:22 PM

Looks so gorgeous, Muddy! I'd love to get on a horse again. Its been about 10 years now. One time I was bringing a horse up from the fields and riding him bareback (because I was a brazen idiot) and he spooked, fled up the hill at a full on gallop with me hanging on for dear life and jumped a fence, I fell off - to no injury, thankfully as I landed in a Gorse bush, but gosh, never did that again!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

06-02-2021, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
It is a bit of a hit or miss with me Pixie. They always appear very small. That is why I don't bother much with the photo competitions.
Ahh ok, Scot37, thanks. I sent a message to staff yesterday asking for help, but as its the weekend an' all, I don't think they will get back to me until the beginning of the week. No matter, I'll just enjoy the pictures!
Tubby
East Anglia
Tubby is male 

06-02-2021, 11:27 PM

Wow Muddy looks like a good old Hunter Trial - used to love all that. Had to stop riding a couple of years ago.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2021, 11:44 PM

That’s right.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2021, 12:04 AM

Pixie, Here is a pic of the riding school I worked at. It's still there too but much changed & up marketed now.
Can't post it as I've already used it on the forum. Bum!
The stable was in Crescent Road, Kingston-on-Thames & as I said, still there. We had a short road ride to Richmond Park from it.
If you look at my profile I think the pic is there, but there are lots of other pictures of horses I've ridden/looked after.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

07-02-2021, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Pixie, Here is a pic of the riding school I worked at. It's still there too but much changed & up marketed now.
Can't post it as I've already used it on the forum. Bum!
The stable was in Crescent Road, Kingston-on-Thames & as I said, still there. We had a short road ride to Richmond Park from it.
If you look at my profile I think the pic is there, but there are lots of other pictures of horses I've ridden/looked after.
Oooh thanks Tiffany! I'll go and have a peek
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2021, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Oooh thanks Tiffany! I'll go and have a peek
Can't message you yet, think you haven't been here long enough. Thank you for the likes on the photo's. Lucy is still alive, she must be well in her 20's now though, but Maisy & Connie sadly long gone.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top