Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2013, 10:18 AM

Re: Happy Friday Everyone.

Good morning everyone, here we are again, I do look forward to chatting to you all. Grey and overcast but cooler than yesterday thank goodness.
Heard on the news some places were 34.2 degrees yesterday, I can't cope with much more of that.
Why don't farmers plant more trees in their grazing fields for livestock to be able to have shade? The poor things always congregate under the trees if they are allowed a choice.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2013, 10:24 AM

Sunny here and about 20 degree but one heck of a wind blowing. I have taken on a chap to help with the gardening and I'm enjoying the sound of the hedge trimmer being used without me having to hold it
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2013, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Sunny here and about 20 degree but one heck of a wind blowing. I have taken on a chap to help with the gardening and I'm enjoying the sound of the hedge trimmer being used without me having to hold it
Ooh yes, I'd love to hear that too.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2013, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ooh yes, I'd love to hear that too.
What's even better Mups is that I'm sitting here watching him go past the window carrying the metal drum with all the cuttings in - it's a holly hedge that I hate with a passion! Little does he know that I'll be asking him to take that out during the winter months

Ooh, I can hear the broom being used - better offer him a cuppa and some cake
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2013, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Good morning everyone, here we are again, I do look forward to chatting to you all. Grey and overcast but cooler than yesterday thank goodness.
Heard on the news some places were 34.2 degrees yesterday, I can't cope with much more of that.
Why don't farmers plant more trees in their grazing fields for livestock to be able to have shade? The poor things always congregate under the trees if they are allowed a choice.
Good point Mups - wish they would do that .....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2013, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Hello Alan - love the picture and Swans ......
Good morning to all, in for a bad day as yesterday, they said it would be cooler today not so ! Already very hot - hope you are OK UJ in this heat ......
Hope its a pleasant say for all

Thank you Pats darlin' - yes I'm fine. Been to the 'vampire' clinic the morning - dodging the drips between thundery showers like Jan. I think there is more to come throughout the day. Although still very warm here, I have my air-cooler going full blast and its keeping me cool.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2013, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
What's even better Mups is that I'm sitting here watching him go past the window carrying the metal drum with all the cuttings in - it's a holly hedge that I hate with a passion! Little does he know that I'll be asking him to take that out during the winter months

Ooh, I can hear the broom being used - better offer him a cuppa and some cake

Yes please Karen darlin' - I'll have some too.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2013, 11:20 AM

Good morning everyone. Been to the Vets early as one of my cats Tiger needs his teeth cleaning. Costs a fortune and after been given an estimate of £300 I rang another Vets and got it for £200. Still a lot of money, I know, but feel as though I got a bargain in the end
Weather was a oven yesterday Went to the bingo in the air conditioning and came out to the oven. Cloudy today although the sun is now on its way out. Windy here too. Have a nice day all.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2013, 12:16 PM

Good morning all the sun is shining now after a rainy start.

Took Cassie to the Cattery earlier, she settled in immediately after inspecting her bed and litter tray then went through the cat flap to her garden (outside run) I now have peace of mind knowing she will be safe and looked after for 3 weeks.

Packing is done and we travel up to Birmingham tomorrow morning for an overnight stay, then our flight leaves mid morning on Sunday.

Thanks Barry for your good wishes

Enjoy your day everyone!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2013, 12:41 PM

Ah Mags - that looks like the guy in Toy Story - 'to infinity and beyond !' Well you're not going that far - good wishes for your trip and holiday, hope its not too hot on your journey at least .....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top