Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2011, 08:13 PM

Re: Cat brought home live mouse

Another Kizzy cat, seaspirit? We have a lovely brown torbie named Kizzy on our sister forum Catsey! Why not give it a look? It's another of Azz' friendly forums. And tell us about your Kizzy!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2011, 02:48 AM

Many years ago when I lived in Londonderry, Northern Ireland, (1978), we had a cat by the name of Ceilidh (pronounced Cayley). We'd just moved in and the back garden had weeds 5ft tall.

Anyway, one day she came into the house wrapping herself around my legs and hooning. Knowing her to be the most intelligent cat we'd ever had, I followed her as she led me outside.

I couldn't see what she was trying to show me, until she literally pulled me to a spot where the previous occupier of the house had placed a bird-stand.

On the ground, in the weeds was a tiny baby bird. I called for my husband at the time and he came to see. He picked the baby bird up and popped him onto the bird-stand. The three of us went back into the house and watched from the window, only to see two adult birds swoop down and pick the baby up under his wings, and took him to the rooftop to safety.

Ceilidh never, ever, killed. She knew the baby was in trouble and wanted us to help it.
poppycock
hampshire England
poppycock is female  poppycock has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2011, 07:58 AM

REALLY? I have never heard anything like that before in my life. A cat that saves baby birds and parent birds swooping down picking a baby up under their wings and flying off. Its amazing that is.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2011, 09:18 AM

We used to have a pair Siamese, Gilbert and Sullivan, they brought in birds,mice and even baby rabbits and sometimes if you were around dropped them at your feet some dead some alive .

Gilbert (Sullivan was lost to the road )
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2011, 10:54 AM

We have had cats that have brought us presents, usually mice and birds and almost always dead.

For the most part they are very efficient predators who appear to relish both the chase and kill.

There must be some unique cats and birds in Northern Ireland Mollie because I never know any bird to fly off with one of it's young under their wing, in fact I would go so far as to say it's an impossible feat.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2011, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
We used to have a pair Siamese, Gilbert and Sullivan, they brought in birds,mice and even baby rabbits and sometimes if you were around dropped them at your feet some dead some alive .

Siamese are beautiful, majestic cats Meg, sorry to hear you lost one. The same happened to one of our cats, despite the vets efforts to save him. It's heartbreaking to loose a pet.
poppycock
hampshire England
poppycock is female  poppycock has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2011, 10:58 AM

I came back to read this thread again and agree with mesco m it would be impossible for any bird to fly with something under its wing. Its balance would be wrong.
poppycock
hampshire England

07-08-2011, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

your cat is so beautiful and Gilbert suits him so well
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2011, 03:38 PM

Stunning cat; I had a lovely sealpoint Siamese boy years ago. They are really intelligent cats.
poppycock
hampshire England

07-08-2011, 05:47 PM

your siamese boy was very handsome dandysmom. I do like siamese cats I agree they are very very intellegent

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top