Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2010, 11:03 AM

Re: Question for you techies Flash 10

DM, I think you can only re-size down with PB not up.
I will try to do it but I wont hold my breath.

PB has a limit to the size of photo's that you can store.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2010, 04:38 PM

I almost never resize up except once when I was trying to do so for a friend on Catsey whose pics were too small; did it on the other resizer. I want (and hope) all my PB pics to be the Forum size, 320 X 240.

The slowness is, I'm sure, a combination of an older computer and dial up; as I said, I'm, used to (resigned to) it!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2010, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I almost never resize up except once when I was trying to do so for a friend on Catsey whose pics were too small; did it on the other resizer. I want (and hope) all my PB pics to be the Forum size, 320 X 240.

The slowness is, I'm sure, a combination of an older computer and dial up; as I said, I'm, used to (resigned to) it!
DM, your computer could need a good cleaning out of all the rubbish left by the Internet.
Have you done a 'Disc Clean' or Defragmanted your computer recently?
Lack of memory can cause your computer to run slower.
If you need help to clean or check your computer just ask.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2010, 08:39 PM

AB, I haven't the remotest idea what they are! Do you think they could be done SAFELY by a very very ungeeky person without blowing everything?
I have an eMac, OSX 10.2.8 and Firefox 2.0.0.17
Antibrown
Cumbria UK

13-09-2010, 07:32 AM

AB, I haven't the remotest idea what they are! Do you think they could be done SAFELY by a very very ungeeky person without blowing everything?
I have an eMac, OSX 10.2.8 and Firefox 2.0.0.17

DM, sorry I know nothing about eMac's but maybe this could help you.

http://software-robotics.com/docs/PD...intenance.html

I hope it does.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

13-09-2010, 08:08 PM

Thanks for that link. I looked at it with increasing trepidation and alarm ... way too technical for me, so am just leaving everything as is. Again, grateful for your attempts to help! Sorry to be such a doofus!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK

14-09-2010, 01:02 PM

Thanks for that link. I looked at it with increasing trepidation and alarm ... way too technical for me, so am just leaving everything as is. Again, grateful for your attempts to help! Sorry to be such a doofus!
Hey! no problem DM, you may find someone who knows about eMac's.

I have looked on the website http://www.apple.com/support/emac/ and there are tutorials there but you may need to download a program to run them.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top