Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 11:19 AM

Re: Looks or Ability?

Originally Posted by Nom ->
We do seem to have gone down the way of pretty boy politicians,, would the likes of Heath or Wilson have a chance today, Blair and Cameron did not prove to be up to the task.
I didn't rate Wilson, Heath it appears wasn't a good guy. Blair screwed up, but Cameron did a good job, imo. Were Blair and Cameron considered good looking? As I said before I have no interest in looks. When I got together with my husband to be as a kid of 15, it was his intellect which attracted me to him.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 11:25 AM

This situation has deteriorated since Women have become the "New Blokes".
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 11:28 AM

I think it could just be a sign of the times Nom people generally take much better care of themselves these days and we are more aware of a healthy diet and hygiene etc.

In attractive or ability stakes though I don't understand why people assume that one negates the other?

There are many examples of stunningly attractive women who are successful Amal Clooney for example or Kelly Hoppen. You could argue if its true that more attractive applicants get the job then people with ability and drive will understand that and make sure they look attractive to get the job offer.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 11:31 AM

I think a striking example is classical musicians .
Lady violinists not only have to be brilliant artistes but look like a model as well.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I think it could just be a sign of the times Nom people generally take much better care of themselves these days and we are more aware of a healthy diet and hygiene etc.

In attractive or ability stakes though I don't understand why people assume that one negates the other?

There are many examples of stunningly attractive women who are successful Amal Clooney for example or Kelly Hoppen. You could argue if its true that more attractive applicants get the job then people with ability and drive will understand that and make sure they look attractive to get the job offer.
What one people considers good looking, might not be considered so by another.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 11:33 AM

A lot of Ladies have more than one string to their Bow.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 11:33 AM

There are some parameters for beauty however .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
What one people considers good looking, might not be considered so by another.
I was just about to say that!! It's true though!
I never trusted Blair or Bush jnr from the start. Both had one funny eye!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

17-05-2017, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I was just about to say that!! It's true though!
I never trusted Blair or Bush jnr from the start. Both had one funny eye!
What have eyes got to do with anything?
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 12:09 PM

It's a tricky one. Whilst undoubtedly beautiful people seem blessed, it's a double edged sword. Look at the number of attractive women - and sometimes men - who are stalked, obsessed over, mutilated with acid or murdered by mad fans, controlling partners or jealous husbands. Also, picture perfect celebrities and movie stars aren't happy, otherwise they would stay married, lead lives uncontaminated by drugs and booze and just live out their charmed lives contentedly.

As long as I wasn't physically deformed I think, given the choice, I'd like a remarkable talent of some kind, maybe languages or music.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top