Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 11:13 AM

Re: Kind acts

Posted by Mups ....

"She finished by saying simply "we all love you." And I know it was meant.
That really filled me up. I suppose it is because living alone, no one has said that to me for years.
Sad, emotional wreck aint I. "

What's not to love about you Mups ? We all love you on here too ... even Nom ... but he's too shy to tell you
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Posted by Mups ....

"She finished by saying simply "we all love you." And I know it was meant.
That really filled me up. I suppose it is because living alone, no one has said that to me for years.
Sad, emotional wreck aint I. "

What's not to love about you Mups ? We all love you on here too ... even Nom ... but he's too shy to tell you
Awh that's nice
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 11:25 AM

Oh . . . dunno what to say . . . thank you Myrtle and Goldie . . I'm filling up again here, silly old wotsit . .

BTW Myrtle, don't think Nommy's talking to me anymore, don't know what I've done . . might be because I turned down his dandelions
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
..... I wrote recently about getting a book for grace to recognise birds and had mentioned at work how she was enjoying pointing out the birds, and had started a project book drawing and writing about what she was seeing.
Manager of the company asked me into the office and said they had a collection and had got her a bird watching kit together, binoculars, books, note pads, drawing kit and water colour set......
Yep, very kind, Julie. Good stuff.
But did they include pictures of birds (and reptiles and all manner of small native wildlife) ripped to shreds, suffering and dying in agony due to cats ?
In vast numbers. ?

A bit gruesome for a small child - but it is reality.

Perhaps, confronted with that reality, we might breed a generation who actually care and are prepared to act.
Sorry Julie but that is the situation.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Yep, very kind, Julie. Good stuff.
But did they include pictures of birds (and reptiles and all manner of small native wildlife) ripped to shreds, suffering and dying in agony due to cats ?
In vast numbers. ?

A bit gruesome for a small child - but it is reality.

Perhaps, confronted with that reality, we might breed a generation who actually care and are prepared to act.
I think she already knows what cats are capable of but like me blames the humans who allow it not the feline just doing what is natural to them.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 11:31 AM

Oh for heavens sake Pummy, your obsession with cats is taking you over. Why spoil the child's kind gift and Julie's appreciation with talk like that!
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 11:39 AM

Posted by Mups ....

"BTW Myrtle, don't think Nommy's talking to me anymore, don't know what I've done . . might be because I turned down his dandelions "

well that was a bit heartless of you ... it's the thought that counts !!!

Anyway he'll soon get over it ... you know Nom doesn't bear grudges
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

28-06-2016, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Posted by Mups ....

"BTW Myrtle, don't think Nommy's talking to me anymore, don't know what I've done . . might be because I turned down his dandelions "

well that was a bit heartless of you ... it's the thought that counts !!!

Anyway he'll soon get over it ... you know Nom doesn't bear grudges

Yes, I hope you're right Myrtle. I kinda miss the old goat.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think she already knows what cats are capable of but like me blames the humans who allow it not the feline just doing what is natural to them.
Does she really, know ?
Has she seen it ?

Blaming humans is right - up to a point.
But we can do that from now to doomsday and it will not solve the problem.
Culling cats will !
Cats are an introduced species - not native - not 'natural' to the region - and native species have no instinctive defence against them.
Particularly in vast numbers.

Said before, would you do nothing if an escaped lion was ravaging a school yard ?
Well, the 'cat' would only be doing what came 'naturally'.
No, you would do what you had to do to protect the kids.
Same thing with native wildlife.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 11:51 AM

Yes she does when she wanted a cat we went through pros and cons very thoroughly and decided with her not to add to the problems, thankfully she has a brain and can see a domestic or wild creature cannot be blamed for what we allow it to do.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top