Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 04:17 PM

Re: Projects

My biggest failed project was knitting a sleeveless polo neck jumper ... now that may seem trivial besides all these wonderful motorcycle rebuilds but to me it was a mountain too high to climb ... I finished the armholes and took it to my mother who had offered to knit the polo neck for me .... she collapsed in hysterical laughter which I thought a touch unkind, a doll could have worn it .. I felt quite hurt
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 08:10 PM

What a pity you didn’t go the whole hog Spitty, I would be heartbroken if it had been me, and then to see it all polished and finished, then someone else take the lap of honour so to speak, sad that.
I’m not mechanical minded but if I start something I won’t let it get the better of me and I’ll see it through if it kills me, stubborn old git that I am.
Annoyedgran
New Member!
Lancashire
Annoyedgran is female 

31-08-2014, 09:31 PM

I am 67, my husband is 69 and we bought a dilapidated bungalow last year and are in the process if doing a complete renovation and extension with the help of our neighbour builder aged 76. We have been working a few hours each day for just over 12 months. We have lost weight, got a lot fitter and have got a real purpose in life.
Once this is finished and we move in, we will use the proceeds of our current property to find something else locally to do up and sell on. By the way we were both managerial professionals but did some minor DIY projects on our home.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Annoyedgran ->
I am 67, my husband is 69 and we bought a dilapidated bungalow last year and are in the process if doing a complete renovation and extension with the help of our neighbour builder aged 76. We have been working a few hours each day for just over 12 months. We have lost weight, got a lot fitter and have got a real purpose in life.
Once this is finished and we move in, we will use the proceeds of our current property to find something else locally to do up and sell on. By the way we were both managerial professionals but did some minor DIY projects on our home.
What a wonderful project to share and what a great sense of achievement you must have. Well done - you're an inspiration.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 09:38 PM

As i worked in construction the last thing i wanted to be involved with, was more building in my leisure time.

However i did get involved in restoring habitat for Otters with my local Wildlife trust, over the years much restoration of old lakes and rivers putting in artificial holts to encourage them back. Glad to say it has been successful i can see them near to where i live
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2014, 03:15 PM

Old topic, I know, but I'm new on here...

'Fraid I'm one of those people that always seems to be doing some project or other. Usually, I have several on the go at once, happily moving between them.

The biggest one at present is restoring a classic car. I'm two years into that, and the engine has not even been started yet! It is however a winter project, and only worked on in the mornings.

Summers will find me doing either outdoor projects for the house, or the garden. Again, mornings only. This year, for example, I built a Lychgate.
donnamarie
RI, USA
donnamarie is female 

01-12-2014, 08:39 PM

Yes, I never seem to have the time or money to see my car projects through.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2014, 09:50 PM

I was thinking of taking up a new hobby in the new year, making little dolls of all the politicians I don’t like and sticking pins in them. I would be willing to bet that if two or more met with horrible ends they would ban my hobby.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 02:45 PM

I have completed most, if not all, of any project I have started. What used to happen in the past was that I would tire of it once I had completed it.

Originally Posted by Mahatma Ghandi
Joy lies in the fight, in the attempt, in the suffering involved, not in the victory itself.
Sorted ...
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 03:35 PM

I used to make aircraft kits-does that count?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top