Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2014, 05:29 PM

Re: Beggars and their dogs.

In our town we have a Romanian Big Issue seller that we've come to know after three years - his name is Costi.

In the early part of this year he had a puppy and that puppy helped him to treble his income - he told me that.

As the puppy got older it became less of an attraction so it was less of a draw to Costi's "business" - so he stayed at Costi's home.

Costi says he will borrow a pup early next year to boost his business as he is registered as self-employed so he gets can apply for housing benefit - quite common he says.

Simple really isn't it?!

Why does anyone think it is wrong for immigrants to "milk" our benefits system when it is SO very, very easy?

Could British immigrants to Romania do the same thing d'you think?...........stevmk2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2014, 05:43 PM

I've always understood that if they ask for money for their dog, offer dog food instead, because you never know if the money is spent on booze etc and the dog still won't eat.
To my mind ST, this very unpleasant man was having you on. If he was genuinely worried about being unable to feed 'his' dog, he would have been grateful for some food for him.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2014, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
In our town we have a Romanian Big Issue seller that we've come to know after three years - his name is Costi.

In the early part of this year he had a puppy and that puppy helped him to treble his income - he told me that.

As the puppy got older it became less of an attraction so it was less of a draw to Costi's "business" - so he stayed at Costi's home.

Costi says he will borrow a pup early next year to boost his business as he is registered as self-employed so he gets can apply for housing benefit - quite common he says.

Simple really isn't it?!

Why does anyone think it is wrong for immigrants to "milk" our benefits system when it is SO very, very easy?

Could British immigrants to Romania do the same thing d'you think?...........stevmk2

Geezo, I've yet to hear of someone British immigrating to Romania
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2014, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Geezo, I've yet to hear of someone British immigrating to Romania
That's made me laugh !! Thank you
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2014, 04:27 PM

I'm still laughing now !!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2014, 07:31 PM

Perhaps we should emigrate, they have some beautiful scenery. If some enterprising person built some luxury retirement villages over there I bet it would help turn their economy around and stop them looking for work here!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2014, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Perhaps we should emigrate, they have some beautiful scenery. If some enterprising person built some luxury retirement villages over there I bet it would help turn their economy around and stop them looking for work here!
No thanks Twiz
anneishere
New Member!
London
anneishere is female 

27-12-2014, 08:18 PM

Interesting subject. I work in Waterloo, London where I pass 'drop outs' every day. A few of these drop outs have dogs and to be honest the dogs look fantastic! Moreso than their owners lol. I often observe them as they are quite near to where I get my bus home - the dogs are sooooo well behaved too and loyal. There is a definite 'bond' between dog and its owner among the drop outs. I also read that book " A street cat called Bob" - very interesting.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2014, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by anneishere ->
Interesting subject. I work in Waterloo, London where I pass 'drop outs' every day. A few of these drop outs have dogs and to be honest the dogs look fantastic! Moreso than their owners lol. I often observe them as they are quite near to where I get my bus home - the dogs are sooooo well behaved too and loyal. There is a definite 'bond' between dog and its owner among the drop outs. I also read that book " A street cat called Bob" - very interesting.
Ooo Waterloo - I know it well
Thanks Anne - I've seen that bond too
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2014, 08:56 PM

Shopping in a city 20 miles from where we live today, just a change, there were beggars in several doorways, with and without dogs. There were also Big Issue sellers- thought you had to be homeless to sell the Big Issue.....so why do they get housing benefit?- I'm not sure what these people contribute to our communities.
I didn't donate/buy anything - Scrooge that I am!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top