Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 10:35 AM

Re: Do You Eat Food Whilst Walking In The Street?

Never. Nor did I ever smoke in the street in the days when I was a smoker. I also never allowed my children to eat anything in the street, so my grandsons were brought up the same.

Just dont get me started on people eating while walking around the supermarket or grazing on the grapes etc. Aaaaargh!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 10:40 AM

Never, I only eat at meal time preferably sitting at a table unless having a picnic.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 10:44 AM

Of course. I have done it many times, walking along the sea front eating fish and chips. The fresh air makes the food taste better.

I haven't since I met my wife though because she doesn't like it.
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 12:25 PM

If I am shopping in the town I don't usually have time to eat as I like to buy as much as I can before my husband picks me up at a set time in a set place just outside the main street. I darn't be late! So usually I have several bags in each hand. No time to eat, just shop shop shop.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Of course. I have done it many times, walking along the sea front eating fish and chips. The fresh air makes the food taste better.
Lovely isn't it ...prodding away with those flimsy little plastic forks or before that those little wooden ones... but they were no good for mushy peas and gravy, only licking could clean your tray proper.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 02:33 PM

No, I don't, I prefer to sit in a café & eat at a table & drink coffee, with a loo in the café for later.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 02:46 PM

I probably would at the seaside as others have said. Not walking along though, I would sit on the sea wall or a bench or something.
I would not walk along eating anywhere else.
Like Tiff said, I'd prefer a cafe.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 02:47 PM

Yes, I do, although I prefer to eat indoors.
I love eating fish and chips on the beach in the Summer.
Very often in London, when I am on a tight schedule I grab a take away.
Kebabs were made for eating staggering down the street drunk
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 02:52 PM

I'd never eat outdoors at the seaside, those pesky gulls would get my food, they are evil. Specially the Herring Gulls. Most places there are signs saying do not feed the gulls, but they can't read & will swoop down & grab food out of your hands before you realise they are there.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I'd never eat outdoors at the seaside, those pesky gulls would get my food, they are evil. Specially the Herring Gulls. Most places there are signs saying do not feed the gulls, but they can't read & will swoop down & grab food out of your hands before you realise they are there.
That is true Tiff, same with damn pigeons, but, bang an empty plastic carrier bag and they are gone. Well apart from those massive gulls in Cornwall - They are not scared of anything

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top