Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 10:31 PM

Re: The Ego !!!

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
Thats exactly why the mirror was invented. The pond was filled with piranhas and when people go up close and personal to view their reflection, the piranha came up and bit their nose off,
But the puddle, rock pool (man made or otherwise) does not contain dangerous fish.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
At a guess, I would say that a number of us feel inadequate in some way.

Not everyone has been blessed with fabulous thick, ravishing hair, a flawless complexion and a body of perfect proportions, yet we are constantly bombarded, in the media, or on film, images of the current trend of what is considered to be the 'perfect' human being and ADs for cosmetic surgery.
You have just made a very very good point. Women and men here in Miami want go be so perfect that plastic surgery is a very popular thing for many.Hair implants, breast surgery and body sculptur. And despite all the tuck here and the tuck there, they still feel imperfect.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 10:33 PM

Women spend more time in front of a mirror than men...?
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 10:35 PM

You have just made a very very good point. Women and men here in Miami want go be so perfect that plastic surgery is a very popular thing for many.Hair implants, breast surgery and body sculptur. And despite all the tuck here and the tuck there, they still feel imperfect.
Lol I read that a 'men' instead of 'many'

Seriously, it's fascinating to see the horrific cosmetic surgery some famous people have had.

Addiction gone potty
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 10:37 PM

I don’t know where we would have been without mirrors when I was a teenager, every time we passed a big shop window we whipped out the comb from the hip pocket, bent the knees and guided the oily black hair back into submission, every one was at it then all trying to look like Elvis.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 10:39 PM

But the puddle, rock pool (man made or otherwise) does not contain dangerous fish.
How do you know that ?
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

30-12-2015, 10:41 PM

How do you know that ?
Oh poooo ... I am a woman !

My puddle is not large enough to sustain any kind of dangerous 'stuff'

I am not going to drink the water ... it is there for microscopic phenomena, should they wish to use it.

Live and let live
eyes_of_a_painter
n

30-12-2015, 10:44 PM

Lol I read that a 'men' instead of 'many'

Seriously, it's fascinating to see the horrific cosmetic surgery some famous people have had.

Addiction gone potty
We see this addiction taking place with injections in buttock. Some injections made by unqualified doctors contain strange substances that cause a dangerous infection. There is a well known radio talk show woman here in my city who died from such a procedure
eyes_of_a_painter
n

30-12-2015, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I don’t know where we would have been without mirrors when I was a teenager, every time we passed a big shop window we whipped out the comb from the hip pocket, bent the knees and guided the oily black hair back into submission, every one was at it then all trying to look like Elvis.
I use to carry a comb in my back pocket. It upset my mother a lot. I was a rebel without a cause
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 10:52 PM

I dont look in mirrors much, unless I'm doing me eyebrows!
I find I see a different version of me than appears on photos or in chance reflections. Then I wonder who that old woman is!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top