Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 08:50 AM

Re: Good Morning Friday !

Good morning everybody.

This morning I'm going to another aqua fit class at the local pool.

I had planned to meet Karen & baby Coby on the park this afternoon but I just noticed a text reminder on my phone that I have an eye test this afternoon so will have to have a park visit another day..

Nothing else planned. Will try to fit a visit to Tesco in for the weekly shop.

Barry - picking gooseberries? Don't forget to take a picture of them for this months photographic competition.

Have a good day all..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 08:59 AM

Good morning everyone a sunny start but it has clouded over.

I am waiting for Waitrose to deliver and I need to collect my medication from town then I might plant some more seeds.

Enjoy your day
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 09:28 AM

Good morning all looks like being a hot one, clear blue sky and temperatures of 23°C forecast for later…

Another charity bag was pushed through the door yesterday so I will have another clear out of the wardrobes later.

Hope to potter in the garden later.

Enjoy your day
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 09:44 AM

Good morning all.
It's a dull old start, but dry and quite warm so washing should dry ok.

This morning I have got to go and pick up some orthotics that have been made for me, then a bit of shopping on the way home.

After that I will try and complete the Wallflower seed sowing that I never finished the other day.

I am trying to use WhatsApp as I need to see something on there which a lady has told me about, but I can't make head nor tail of installing it! Oh well . . onwards and upwards ey.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 10:15 AM

Good morning everyone, well a bit cloudy after a sunny start, but still quite bright and should be dry all day.

We had our son's lovely dog overnight, and he'll probably be here for the best part of the day. It's also our day for having our daughter's dog - good thing they're great friends!

Well I did manage to make my first rope bowl yesterday - can't believe how easy it was! Why had I put off trying this for so long? Plans in the pipeline are, a) a fabric covered rope bowl, and b) a machine embroidered one

Have a great day folks!

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
At 20' we get our shorts and t-shirts out. How hot does it have to get before you discard the pullover Bruce?
20' - 22' is about the dividing line depending on wind and humidity. But you also have to remember our clothes are different, I noticed that my brothers T shirts when he visited were made of a much thicker, heavier material. I found my Australian winter clothes were fine for me when visiting the UK in May.

I have a pullover that my mother knitted for me that I can never wear where I live, its only use is when I visit Canberra in the depths of winter ie now. She has been dead for decades but her knitting lives on (the other problem with it is that it is cream, a colour that should never be inflicted on someone like me as I have an affinity for dirt and stains).

It is just what you are acclimatised to, when I visited the UK in winter (1989) my brother had to lend me a coat he used to use for skiing in Sweden otherwise I would have frozen
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Good morning everyone, well a bit cloudy after a sunny start, but still quite bright and should be dry all day.

We had our son's lovely dog overnight, and he'll probably be here for the best part of the day. It's also our day for having our daughter's dog - good thing they're great friends!

Well I did manage to make my first rope bowl yesterday - can't believe how easy it was! Why had I put off trying this for so long? Plans in the pipeline are, a) a fabric covered rope bowl, and b) a machine embroidered one

Have a great day folks!

Was that really your first attempt Sheba?
I think that's excellent! Well done you.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->

Have a great day folks!

Well done Bathsheba that looks great...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top