Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2016, 09:35 AM

Re: Fantastic Beasts and where to find them

I never got into the Harry Potter phenomenon either, neither did my kids. They loved Roald Dahl though.

I keep looking at the fantastic beasts trailer for for my little grandson because he is into monsters and knows the name of every dinosaur.

Might be a bit old for him though, he is only 4 well almost 4
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2016, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Has anyone seen this one?

One of my friends is desperate for me to go to the cinema with her - her husband flatly refused - but I can't help thinking it is just milking the Harry Potter cash cow !
Hell no Silver Tabby, the woman's got a real imagination and talent for telling a story and it would be a shame if she didn't continue doing what she does best.
We usually go to the cinema about once a week so I've got it booked in for next week, and I'm looking forward to my weekly bit of escapism, and it keeps me off the street.

Loved the Harry Potter films although not my favourite movies and I wouldn't include them in my top ten, but I'm glad I have seen them.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 11:44 PM

Well I'm just back from seeing it and it was brilliant

Saw it in 3D and the special effects knocked the last Harry Potter into touch

I wouldn't let a 4 yo see it tbh. I was thinking I'd let my 10 yo GS see it till about 3/4 in, then thought again. It's not scary but a few scenes would upset a gentle child

Eddie Redmaynes courting scene is one that will stick in my memory for a long time. Absolutely hilarious
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 11:59 PM

Is this the same actor who was in confessions of an Electrician, Eddie Ring-main.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 08:25 AM

My friend and I are going on Friday - not sure if she has booked for the 3d or 2d showing. Her husband is still not interested so he is going to drop us at the cinema - go off and do their weekly shopping - then come back and take us out for a meal.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Well I'm just back from seeing it and it was brilliant

Saw it in 3D and the special effects knocked the last Harry Potter into touch

I wouldn't let a 4 yo see it tbh. I was thinking I'd let my 10 yo GS see it till about 3/4 in, then thought again. It's not scary but a few scenes would upset a gentle child

Eddie Redmaynes courting scene is one that will stick in my memory for a long time. Absolutely hilarious
Thanks for this feedback missy, I wasn't sure what age group it was aiming at so certainly won't take my little grandson. It sounds great fun though, I might go see it myself
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 09:42 AM

It really is great fun and once again is good over evil and love conquers all

The creatures are adorable

If you can cope with 3D and you don't get charged more for the privilege it's worth it
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 10:46 PM

We had opted for the 2d version and I enjoyed it.

The creatures certainly were 'fantastic' - whoever does the computer graphics deserves an award. It was good to see creatures that were mentioned in the books but not seen in the films - the Erumpant, Botruckles, Nifflers and Mertlaps.

It is a very long film and I did feel that in the last half hour or so the storyline had dwindled from weak to pathetic but the graphics more than made up for that. I would love to see it again in 3d - and I definitely want a Botruckle !!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 11:06 PM

Bought the book as a Xmas pressie for the granddaughter she is a Harry Potter fan
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

26-11-2016, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Bought the book as a Xmas pressie for the granddaughter she is a Harry Potter fan
I bought the original version - years ago when the HP books first came out. It was a scruffy looking paperback as it supposed to look like a much used Hogwarts text book.

They have re-released it in hardback to go with this film - and there are now some lovely illustrated versions available - even a colouring book !

Very tempting!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top