Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2014, 09:07 PM

Re: Would You Lie To Spare Someone's Feelings?

some folk don't care about other peoples feelings and think only of themselves
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2014, 09:13 PM

I chide myself not for lying but for not speaking out. I dislike having to hold my tongue but you just have to at times. There is a limit to how controversial you can be on such a forum as this, and that limit is very much in evidence in certain discussions. Must admit this approach has been pretty alien to me til now but I'm learning, as I always am.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2014, 09:15 PM

I agree with you completely! free speech isn't allowed everywhere
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2014, 11:51 PM

Yes & No, mostly no.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2014, 11:54 PM

I tell white lies to spare feelings.
But I still feel awful for that lie.
I'm a terrible liar, and my family knows it!
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2014, 10:51 AM

Autumn I don't suppose this lady will phone back again about these birds?
If she did I would then tell her it died with no time limit on that statement.
She cant expect a bird to last forever and if it was already ill maybe that's why she got rid of them? Birds go downhill very quickly when ill so she
cant complain. You did your best.
I don't particularly tell lies and never have done. Cant see the point but I do think there is a difference between a white lie as it is normally done to
help others feelings. That cant be bad.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2014, 11:19 AM

I too would tell her the truth if she rings you back. But I think this may be the last time you hear from her.

I don't like telling lies as I am no good at it. Also I don't like to be lied to, I can usually tell.

I would tell a white lie to spare someones feelings but if they kept probing about something I would have to tell the truth. Most people don't want to know the truth though.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2014, 12:22 PM

Oh sure I would tell her nowbut this contact before was very shortly after adoption. The other female has been put with another adopted male & they've just hatched one of their babies.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2014, 01:04 PM

One of my biggest pet peeves is people that deliberately hurt people by using "brutal honesty" They always follow up their hurtful stinging comments with something like.."you know me, I always tell it like it is" I call BS... they are getting some sort of perverse joy out of wounding people. Honesty is not always necessary when the results cause hurt, especially when blurted out in a public setting for all to hear. If someone truely cared, and they felt they could help by telling someone the truth, it should be done privately and gently.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2014, 01:07 PM

Absolutely agree Audrey ....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top