Join for free
Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2016, 11:49 AM

Re: Julie in the hot seat.

Are you regretting volunteering?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2016, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Hi Julie,
Do you prefer watching tv, or listening to the radio?
Depends I love the radio when I am working or in the kitchen but TV brings my beloved emmerdale so I love that at times to.

Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
Julie. Do you think people who refuse to listen to reason should be put on “ignore” or left “as is” so that perhaps one might later find some another subject upon which one might agree? Or does the answer depend on other variables?
I have no problem with differing opinions I would only use ignore if someone is rude or offensive.

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Are you regretting volunteering?
Not yet
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2016, 11:57 AM

ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2016, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Hi julie , please tell us a bit about who you are , what you've done in life , and your hopes and dreams for the future x
That amounts to the entire story of her life!!!!
I thought we were meant to ask a specific question...

hi Julie you're a brave woman!
Q: tea or coffee first thing in the morning and at what time?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2016, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
That amounts to the entire story of her life!!!!
I thought we were meant to ask a specific question...

Q: tea or coffee first thing in the morning and at what time?
Decaf Coffee milk no sugar at about 8 am, dog food in Elsie's bowl first then my coffee.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2016, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
That's a statement .... not a question.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

27-02-2016, 12:09 PM

Hi Julie.
Q: Is there something you'd really like for us to know about you, something we probably don't already know, something you feel has been over-looked in the daily discussions, something that would give us an opportunity to see the real Julie, something that would allow us to either understand the depth of your earnest contributions - or lightness and carefree humour?

EDIT. Quite simply - do you feel it is your serious side or your light side that is mostly misunderstood.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

27-02-2016, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
Hi Julie.
Q: Is there something you'd really like for us to know about you, something we probably don't already know, something you feel has been over-looked in the daily discussions, something that would give us an opportunity to see the real Julie, something that would allow us to either understand the depth of your earnest contributions - or lightness and carefree humour?
Not sure how to answer that one there have been so many misunderstandings and assumptions made over the time I have been here it's hard to think of just one thing. I would not like this to start another Muslim thread but I do feel it may be helpful to explain my family dymanic. We brought up my sisters children, two boys who are half Sri Lankan, they came to us and we gave them freedom to chose their religion as their dad is Muslim their mum is atheist and we are Christian. They both chose to become Muslim a couple of years ago.

I am not Muslim neither is my husband but I can't stand by when Muslims are generalised.
We also took in my other sisters children (parenting in my family isn't a strong point) one of them eventually returned to his mum and dad , happy he did as the actual aim was always the kids should go home, but no matter how we tried to return the other 3 they all kept bouncing back.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2016, 12:44 PM

Don't you think it would be better one question per member? Im beginning to feel sorry for Julie ☺
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

27-02-2016, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Don't you think it would be better one question per member? Im beginning to feel sorry for Julie ☺
Don't worry it's not a problem to me doc, I can ignore or pass on questions I don't want to answer.

Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top