Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 10:24 PM

Re: Well I've made a start on dog adoption

Good luck.

I'm still searching for my new friend. I want to make sure I get it right first time, but am in no rush. Oh damn, just realised the permission given to me was three managers ago!

Oh heck! I emailed the second manager and she said she'd honour the first one's consent...but now we have a third one! Actually I am waiting to speak to her anyway about issues on site, so I'd better talk to her about my proposal to get a dog. If we keep getting different managers, how on earth can I ever get my dog?

Should have got it during the first one's time with us.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 11:40 PM

A dog will tie you down more than an allotment ever did, Jazzi.
Think about all the holidays you want to go on.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 07:22 AM

Dogs can travel....

http://www.yourdogholidays.co.uk/

just one of many sites for dog friendly holidays in the UK ..
We are taking Murphy and Basil with us on holiday..it no more of a burden that children imo.. and they want less treats and expensive amusement too.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Dogs can travel....

http://www.yourdogholidays.co.uk/

just one of many sites for dog friendly holidays in the UK ..
We are taking Murphy and Basil with us on holiday..it no more of a burden that children imo.. and they want less treats and expensive amusement too.
Well said, Cass!
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 08:49 AM

Absolutely agree with you. My dog always comes on holiday with me, there's plenty of dog friendly places to stay.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
A dog will tie you down more than an allotment ever did, Jazzi.
Think about all the holidays you want to go on.
There is no need for a dog to tie you down. As has been said, there are plenty of dog friendly places. I have taken previous dogs to rental cottages in Devon. The hotel I went to in Cornwall earlier this year (without my dog) was a dog friendly hotel. As was the smart hotel in Stratford upon Avon where my son and his wife married. I took my Labrador and my daughter her Retriever (and they were included in all of the official photographs). The hotel even had a jar of dog biscuits on their reception desk.

As a family, we agreed to look after each others dogs when going away to places where dogs were not welcome or abroad. This has worked very well, the dogs are very happy and settled, they are exercised and loved. My son is planning a month in New Zealand next year and has already agreed with his sister that she will look after his Labrador, together with her BC. Only once in fifty years have I put a dog in kennels - never again.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 02:51 PM

Hmmm - it's ok if you have somebody to look after your pet or if you don't mind putting them in kennels.

I was just thinking if Jazzi wanted to go abroad or to one of her favourite hotels that don't take animals.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 03:11 PM

Hmmm - it's ok if you have somebody to look after your pet or if you don't mind putting them in kennels.

I was just thinking if Jazzi wanted to go abroad or to one of her favourite hotels that don't take animals.

I understand what you are saying Carol but I think as a dog owner I found other things to fill my life other favourite places and hotels.

The company they provide 365 days a year, the feeling of being loved and wanted each and every day far outweigh the few days of holiday time for me.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

26-08-2017, 11:04 PM

Yes I understand that Cass but knowing how much Jazzi loves going away I just wondered how she would handle the dog/holiday situation.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

27-08-2017, 06:28 PM

Yes I understand that Cass but knowing how much Jazzi loves going away I just wondered how she would handle the dog/holiday situation.

Sensibly, Carol.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top